3 Year Anniversary

I just passed my 4th anniversary a few days ago myself. My first found cache is still in place. It was a 1.5/1.5 cache but changed shortly after that to a 5/4 cache. The owner is out of town so I found it again for my 100th cache and now watch it for him.

:rolleyes:

:grin: I celebrated my 2 year anniversary geocaching 2/27. I went out and found a virtual and three locationless caches (first for me). I also placed a cache in a local park that has had all previous caches muggled. Seemed fitting since my first cache We're Rockin Now was muggled. I picked that cache to be my first find because it was based on "The Day The Music Died" Feb. 3....which is my B'day. So I cache on..... :rolleyes:
Thanks for the tip. I'll be lurking waiting for you to arrive!
ND, I'll meet you there :huh:

Count me in too guys. Now I just have to scan his profile to figure out where to meet you. :lol:

Any chance we could get an event approved in record time for this meeting? :lol:

Congrats FFools! We have found many a cache together, and I'm really glad that this silly RASH has brought us together. :huh:

Congrats Tahosa... but isn't the Ides of March on the 15th?

I stand corrected, but why wait for the cache to be over a month old before someone finds it. Well I did look up what the Ides of March means.

The Ides of March

Beware the Ides of March. Julius Caesar ignored that warning and you know what happened to him.

But what are the Ides of March? Is there any such thing as a single Ide? Are Ides anything like Druthers? The Ides of March are what Romans called March 15. There's no such thing as a single Ide. Ides are nothing at all like Druthers. Druthers are smaller, hairier, and have fewer moving parts.

Do other months have Ides? Yes, every selfrespecting month has Ides. May I call April the 15th the Ides of April. No, you may not, though local newscasters, for whom a little knowledge is always a dangerous thing, inevitably refer to the tax deadline as the Ides of April. Anyone with a third grade education (if he or she went to school in the 40's) can tell you right off that in April the Ides fall on the 13th and can recite the rhyme: March, July, October and May, the Nones fall on the 7th day.

What's this about Nones?

Okay, now listen carefully. The Romans did not count the days of the month from 1 through 30. Instead, three days in every month had names:

the Kalends fell on the 1st

the Nones on the 5th or 7th, according to the rhyme

the Ides on the 13th or 15th.

And before you ask, there's no such thing as a single Kalend or None, and neither of them is anything like a Druther.

When a Roman wanted to say "March the 14th", she had to say: "the day before the Ides of March" ( It goes faster in Latin). March the 6th would be: "The day before the None of March." (you never couted after, always before). April fool's day fell 'On the Kalends of April." After the Ides (the 13th or 15th, according to the month) you counted the days to the Kalends of the next month. March the 16th was "17 days before the Kalends of April." (with March 16 and April 1 in ancient fashion counting as full days). It was complicated stuff. A Roman had to know the rhyme In March, July, October, May; and when the date fell after the Ides, he hadda be able to manipulate "thirty days hath September" pretty quick too.

My theory is Caesar just got the day's wrong. When told to beware the Ides of March, he had affairs of state on his mind. Dutifuly, he bewore all day on the 13th, the wrong dadgum day. Nothing happened. On the 15th his guard was down and they got him, in Pompey's theater, at the foot of Pompey's statue, where the senate happened to be meeting that day in the temple of Venus that was part of the theater complex. The foundations of the theater survive to this day, where the modern Roman restaurant Da Pamcrazio invites passersby to dine where Caesar was slain. It's in a wonderful part of the old city, near the Campo dei Fiori. The salad bar's pretty good, but avoid the Texas toast, and above all, Beware the Ides of March.

I hate to admit it, but I didn't know my anniversary date. My excuse is that I cached with RK for a couple of months before purchasing my own GPS. Anyway upon further research I find that I am also coming up on my 3rd year anniversary 4/7. I need to hide an anniversary cache to commemorate the event.

:D

I have decided that geocaching.,com needs to incorporate a spell checker into its forums so I don't have to spend so much time editing my posts.

:(

My 3rd anniversary too. That multi on a closed naval base is still up I think. The first bug I found that month went MIA by year end. Go figure, eh?

Have a backlog of logging, so dunno real 3rd year number. My yearly rate went from 1 per day 1st year, to 5.5 in the 2nd year, then 7 per day 3rd year. Picture posts went from a few hundred to 5000.

My 3rd anniversary too. That multi on a closed naval base is still up I think. The first bug I found that month went MIA by year end. Go figure, eh?

Have a backlog of logging, so dunno real 3rd year number. My yearly rate went from 1 per day 1st year, to 5.5 in the 2nd year, then 7 per day 3rd year. Picture posts went from a few hundred to 5000.

Here ya go!

20040304MolsonCanadian.jpg

:(