The New Mag Is Here!

From the editorial:

If you are in this game/hobby/sport to rack up numbers, or care about some else's numbers, then maybe you have missed the point. This is about personal satisfaction, reaching certain goals set for your self. It isn't about your numbers or anyone else's.

Yawn.

Why is it that people that don't care about the numbers often seem to say two things that are totally conflicting? They say that people should play the way they want to (setting goals for yourself in this case), and that if you enjoy the numbers then you're geocaching wrong.

I like my numbers, and I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. My friends and family that geocache often talk about how many caches we've found. That's how we cache. We're well aware that there are no prizes given out for the most finds.

If someone else doesn't want to keep up with their numbers, or doesn't want to compare numbers, that's fine. But don't try and tell me that I'm missing the point of geocaching when all I'm doing is enjoying the hobby in a way that's different from you.

Thanks so much for the article on caching in HI! :ph34r:

Shadowgal and I have been discussing a trip there for our 10th anniversary next year for some time. Recently she has been second guessing that options a little bit. I forwarded the cover article to her nad got this reply:

Then let's plan to go, seriously!  With such a gorgeous place to explore, even I will want to go and geocache!  As long as we can do some of the things I will want to do, too.  I thought we had a pretty good balance in Vegas...

I'm haveing my dinner meeting with with Kathy & Cotha so you are on your own.

Love you, jw

Too Cool! I can go caching tonight! She's rehooked on HI for next year, and will go on some cache hikes with me too!

I'm a very lucky man. B)B)B)B)

I'd like to write for the mag, but I'm not willing to put my real name out there.  Only a few people know who I really am... B)  :ph34r:

Your real name is not required.

Although we prefer to use writers' real names and screen names, we occassionally use one or the other. This is also true for letters to the editor.

Occassionally, we will publish something with no byline, but we believe credibility is compromised if authors are not identified. B)

I'd like to write for the mag, but I'm not willing to put my real name out there.  Only a few people know who I really am... B)  B)

Although we prefer to use writers' real names and screen names, we occassionally use one or the other. This is also true for letters to the editor.

Occassionally, we will publish something with no byline, but we believe credibility is compromised if authors are not identified. B)

I can see your point. B)

But I must not reveal my secret identity. :ph34r:B)

QUOTE (Today's Cacher @ Mar 3 2005, 10:11 AM)

QUOTE (Ambrosia @ Mar 3 2005, 01:23 AM)

I'd like to write for the mag, but I'm not willing to put my real name out there.  Only a few people know who I really am...   

Occassionally, we will publish something with no byline, but we believe credibility is compromised if authors are not identified. 

I can see your point. 

But I must not reveal my secret identity. 

;) I bet you're Martha Stewart :mad:

1signature2zl.jpg