"donating" Pics To Cg.com

Mr Smiles

I think so.

We went on a bike ride and posted some pics. Folks in our club who didn't go to the ride commented about seeing the pics on the front page that evening/the next day.

Not sure if someone was checking them and pulling the latest submissions or if it happens at random.

:)

Speaking of criteria (or the lack thereof)...

So I just went to the new front page for the first time (always use direct links instead) and looked at a bunch of the pictures.

I'm afraid a few of the selections, for lack of a better word: HORRIBLE.

I'm sorry, but from a promotional or aesthetic standpoint some of the selections I saw were downright bad.

It makes this site and activity appear amateurish when a picture meant to showcase geocaching features a tree trunk blocking someone's face, with his rear hanging out one side and an open ammo box on the other.

Oh, this is great--the small picture features a guy pointing his binocs at the banner pic featuring the backside of a guy squatting! Hahaha!!! If it weren't so funny 'twould be pitiful.

Again, my apologies to whomever made these choices, but I believe the criteria should be more stringent. Yes, I am aware most images are horrible snapshots with atrocious lighting, but out of the multitude there's got to be some better choices that would be good representations!

(If I were a media outlet confronted with what I just saw, it would taint the story let me tell you.)

Upp! Just when I'd given up hope there's a set that's very good! 1 good out of 10 is a lousy ratio though. OK, now I'm into several repeats, I'll give you 4 out of 20 (1 in 5)--still poor.

Sorry,

Randy

PS: Not just a criticism, aside from the above suggestions--I'd be willing to put my skills to use if desired, having experience in both fields...