Geocachers Get-together

geocacher_coza

How about a get-together by the Geocachers from the Johannesburg, Pretoria area?

We could meet somewhere and have braai, or maybe a CITO bash!

I will be back in South Africa at the end of March so we could plan it for sometime in April!

Maybe Saturday the 2 April. We can choose a spot that we can also hide a cache. I will sponsor the container, logbook and Travelbug (or maybe something diffirent- I have a USA geocoin we can put inside the cache in place of the TB!) Everybody else can bring something along to put inside. A nice cache with the goodies theme – “April's Fool” (Maybe, open for suggestions!)

AND Globalrat-- Nobody claims this cache for the challenge! (It stays a "Gauteng Association cache")

:):):huh::)

Edited by vandermerwe-family

I think that's a great idea. We can then get the meeting published in the Pretoria News under their Club Events section. (I already asked, so it should be cool). I would thus suggest that you make it open to people interested in the sport, and maybe someone can give a talk on geocaching, sort of an intro for newbies. Let me know and I will organise the ad closer to the time.

I have a great idea for a venue. JHB's Botanical Gardens is full of Geocaches. I know because I was there on Saturday. However, PTA's Botanical Gardens has none (as far as I know), and is a great place for a picknick. So maybe we could place a cache here and have the get together here too. Entrance is R10 for Adults, R5 for Students and R5 for Children, and there is plenty of parking. You can't braai though :D , but it is a really well kept place. I know, because I was there today :D