Adult Swag.

JohnX

After monitoring cache logs of both caches I've hidden and caches I've visited, I've found that the most consistently claimed item that I've left in both is any sort of ready-to-go micro or small cache. That's not to say you have to start your cache themed with just those items, but a few can't hurt, and they're a cheap trade item to pack around.

1. film cannister with log in plastic bag.

2. film cannister wrapped in cammo tape with log in plastic bag.

3. film cannister with magnet glued to end or wrapped onto side with cammo tape, with log in plastic bag.

4. film cannister with wire hook made from length of stovepipe wire taped to side with cammo tape (these are great for hiding in low-hanging branches).

5. smallish tupperware with 2 or 3 trinkets and log in plastic bag, wrapped in cammo tape.

6. any sort of small tin painted cammo, exquipped with magnet and log in plastic bad.

you get the idea.

As i've said, they're cheap to make, particularly compared to camping stuff or balls or swizzle sticks or pins or "sig cards" that, personally, I find utterly worthless. Experienced geocachers snap them up.

I have been leaving a jar full of money. It gets them every time. They wonder just how much money it might be. Of course the money is genuine shredded US Currency that I put in unique jars that I find cheap. The money wasn't real cheap, but I have enough to last me a lifetime. :laughing:

After I put the money in a cache it goes quick, usually the next cacher.

with that scandal in Canada's government, I bet the PM could put out billions of scandal golf balls

One sig item I am considering using is a bag of cow beans, which are dried navy beans with cow spots on them and a card with directions to grow your own herd. The only problem I have is that they might be smelled by animals and attacked. What do you think?

The supposed reason for the nononess of the multitools and knives comes from the requests of land managers who are still using chain gang laborerers to clear the swamps of the gators and natural habitats all in the name of progress so another subvision, strip mall, shopping center, freeway exit can be built there. :huh:

Some day soon all of the wally world employees will actually be cons on work release because there won't be any more swamps to clear. ;)

Then the lame caches will rule the world! ;)

I know that this is off-topic, but think about this next time you are worried about cons finding your $0.88 Wal-Mart pocket knife in a Geocache:

Most imprisoned felons can make a deadly weapon from a chiselled toothbrush, or sharpened pencils, the contents of a ballpoint pen, etc. Can you imagine what they could do with some of the McToys they might find in a cache?

Give me a break. I guess reality is in short supply when it comes to "land managers". Instead of no knives, they would be better off to say, "NO CACHES". Not that I approve of that, either.

And we have had one of our Geocaches found by a land-clearing chain gang. It was obvious that they rifled through the ammo can, but if they took anything, it was anything valuable.