Garmin Maps On A Pocket Pc?

ahreno

I have emailed support for garmin and they don't seem to understand english. I was directed to this link...

http://www.garmin.com/products/cfQue/

I already have spent $150 on a compact flash gps unit so i don't want to rebuy another compact flash gps unit... i just want to be able to run my garmin maps on my Pocket PC... anyone know if this thing has software that installs to the gps? If it does, i would buy it just for that... and then sell the gps unit... i really like the gps unit i have for my pocket pc... i just can't figure out how to use all the garmin maps i own....

any suggestions?

I have a CF Que and it is a very good unit. The software will only run with the CF Que installed and the CF Que cannot be used with another mapping program. You might consider selling your other CF unit and buying the CF Que if you really want to have use of the Garmin software on your PPC. The autorouting is excellent with very good voice prompts and fast rerouting. The only complaint I have is that the unit does not have an external antenna connection. Actually, I have one more complaint, it will not work in my new OtterBox 1900 case. [edited to add:] Also consider that it comes with the City Select NA v6. If you already have this software with an additional unlock code, you could use the CF Que with that and have an unused, new version of the software that you could use later or possible sell to offset the cost of the new unit.

Edited by Texas Shadow

I don't know how you can do wjhat you want to do. But here are a few ideas. Use your PPC with a program from Mapopolis for on-road full autonavigation. Then get an inexpensive hand held GPS for off road use. If you have Garmin topo you can load in theoe maps for use in the woods. (You didn't mention which Garmin maps you have. But if you have Metro, you could sell it and pay for the Mapopolis as Metro would be retty much redundant)

Another option would be to copy screen shots and save as a picture file in your PPC> You will not be able to see your current position, but you can use it for paperless reference.

We bought a Garmin GPS 10, partly to be able to get Mapsource running on our HP4700. The bluetooth GPS 10 works like a charm, complete with autorouting. And we get about 1/2 of North America on a 512 Meg CF card.

The Garmin software works fine without any GPS connected (for viewing the map, etc), but GPS functionality seems limited to working with the GPS 10. I have a cable to connect a Geko, which works great with Streets & Trips, but for Mapsource, it seems to connect only with with the bundled GPS 10.