A Need To (Complain)

Red Ryder

been working for me all day. A little slow, but working

Hello darkness my old friend.....

Server Error in '/' Application.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +45

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSet(String sql, Database database, Int32 Timeout) +209

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlGeocacheController.GetCacheDataByArray(String CacheList, Int64 UserID, Int64 AltUserID) +256

Groundspeak.Web.CustomWpt.Geocache.GetCacheDataByArray(ArrayList CacheList, Int64 UserID, Int64 AltUserID) +345

Geocaching.UI.map_getmap.BuildPocketQueryFromMap() +579

Geocaching.UI.map_getmap.GenerateMap() +657

Geocaching.UI.map_getmap.ImageMap_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +677

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +109

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +70

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +149

Server to busy" and "Web site not responding

I had been thinking about it for awhile. but this post finally prompted me to sign up for Premium Membership. Speed costs money!

Actually my Dial Up connection never noticed a problem, but now I don't feel guilty for slowing the rest of you down.

Question. How much bandwidth percentage do the Avatars, Signatures, Smilies, Ect take up. If it was a noticable inprovement, how would you feel about turning these features off during Peak Usage Periods till the traffic subsides?

Edited by Cardinal Red

At 3:30 pm, EST, March 6, I logged a cache, travel bugs and photos with no problems...56k modem, dialup at 26K...

By your profile, you are West Coast, hitting it at probably the worst time -- Sunday evening/late afternoon/mid-afternoon for the eastern, central, mountain and western coasts. Try logging in around 8 pr 9 pm PST for less traffic... all of the other time zones will have less traffic.

Edited by Metaphor

While I've never complained about the server response, the worst I've ever had was having to refresh a single time after getting the timeout errors. Today, however is easily the worst I've ever seen. I've been trying to log a travel bug and have been refreshing the same page for a half hour with no results. I'll keep trying.

All times of day, ever since the site upgrade its been running slow, server busy, and timing out. I just upgraded to a premium membership too. :ninja:

I'm sure Geocaching.com is aware and working on a solution. :ph34r:

It would be nice to see a post on their "announcements" page lets everyone know that they have a problem and that they're working on it :D

Happy Caching

DnDCaching