Cache Trip Distance

MOphoto

What's the longest distance you've traveled to SPECIFICALLY go caching? I'm not talking about "we were in the area so..." or "while on vacation I...", but trips made with the main intent being caching. I suppose caching vacations would count.

So far for me it's only been about 20 miles, but I've only been a Tupperware junkie for about a month! :rolleyes:

Contryguy and I recently drove about 160 miles into Kansas for a monkey from The Monkey Cache. We did do several caches in the area also. Last weekend my kids and I drove 110 miles to be a first to find and get a Geocoin which we had never seen one before. Actually this is normal for my location as we have found a fair number of caches in our immediate area and if we want to keep finding them we will have to buy more gas.

Our vacations now center around geocaching. So far, we've ranged from western NC to middle FL. Some of these are only a few days long like over Christmas break while others are my measly one week a year.

Right now, our "local range" is a 50 mile radius. Yesterday, we grabbed a cache which was nearly 35 cromes (miles as the crow flies) away, the road miles is more 60. No telling how many total between grabbing some others and scouting locations. We've got to burn a bunch of gas for us to cache these days.

What's the longest distance you've traveled to SPECIFICALLY go caching? I'm not talking about "we were in the area so..." or "while on vacation I...", but trips made with the main intent being caching. I suppose caching vacations would count.

So far for me it's only been about 20 miles, but I've only been a Tupperware junkie for about a month! :rolleyes:

Well let's see. I've been up to 85 miles for the express purpose of geocaching. Of course I always enjoy caching whenever I travel to distant locations whether for business or pleasure. Thus far I have cached a little over 600mi from my home coords. In October I will do a trip of about 2500mi and will cache there also. No international travel anticipated at this time but will cache when I do presuming of course that there will be suitable caches in the areas of travel. Geocaching, what a fun hobby, eh?

A little over 1000 miles - NE Ohio to Cape Canaveral FL.

My wife was attending a seminar at NASA there, and I accompanied her on the trip, planning on caching during the day while she was at class.

But close to home, I have to travel about 30 miles just to find one I haven't done yet, as a rule.

(there are a few out there right now that I need to get within that 30 mile radius, but I have other situations requiring my time at the moment. Soon, though!)

NE 4250.9mi from your home coordinates.

I just got back from a trip to Prague, CZ -- My primary goals in going were to find my 200th cache and leave a travel bug destined for Russia... and, well, umm, to drink beer...

(Sadly, a couple of hours after I dropped off the Travel Bug, another cacher picked it up and took it with him to California...)

We've taken caching trips about 300 to 400 miles round trip. We've been farther, but we were visiting family, so it wasn't really a caching only trip. On a normal weekend we'll go about 100 or so miles round trip to cache.

We are planning our vacation to FL around caching. We will probably go to the geowoodstock event before hitting Tampa. Then we might go on over into AL to cache and visit family too before we eventually head home. We have gone crazy. The rest of our family thinks we are insane for caching all the time.

this coud go two ways we got a gold wing last year so we put on around 300 miles on sundays in the summer and pick up a few caches

so theese miles could be just to ride or to get to the cache

And it doesn't get any better than that - a putt on the bike, a little caching! <G>

Out here in Western Nebraska the caches are few and far between. I regularly think nothing of driving 100 miles one way to grab a single cache. Average trip is around 60+ one way. My wife and I drove about 180 miles for a caching weekend last year (sole purpose of trip). I think I have gotten something like 68% of the caches within 100 miles of home. (ok so there are only 112 in that radius)

NE 4250.9mi from your home coordinates.

I just got back from a trip to Prague, CZ -- My primary goals in going were to find my 200th cache and leave a travel bug destined for Russia... and, well, umm, to drink beer...

(Sadly, a couple of hours after I dropped off the Travel Bug, another cacher picked it up and took it with him to California...)

Don't worry, be happy. At least your Bug is moving, right? And besides, perhaps a Russian diplomat or seaman will pick up your Bug in Cali and move it in one gigantic jump.

Edited by Team cotati697