Paperless Caching

Skoogie

The Knight is right!

I use GSAK on the Desktop and take Cachemate with my Palm 205 out in the field. I am not totaly paperless because I like to have paper printouts of maps in the field, for getting me to the general area and to have for safety in case the electronic version quits. I don't like being out in the woods without knowing how to get back to the truck. Both are great programs. I have read other posts that are using the Palm 7. I do know you will need something with enough memory to hold all of the cache data that you download to the Palm/Pocket PC. I have information for a lot of Alabama and some in NW Florida and it is right at 3 MB.

Good Luck!

Muddler

:rolleyes:

I go paperless by reading the cache pages at home before I go and not messing with palms or laptops or anything else other than my gpsr.

:rolleyes:

This is most certainly helpful with long multis and mysteries...

Ah, but most North American caches are traditionals - there are people with 300 finds of which only 10 or fewer are multis. Compare that with, say, Belgium, where less than half of all caches (it seems to me) are traditionals.

In many areas of the US and Canada, cachers have such a density to choose from, and the caches are generally simple enough, that it makes sense to slurp 250 waypoints at time into your PDA. European caches tend to be a bit more challenging - I don't think many German cachers have managed 30 or more in a day, which some Americans have done.