Would This Be Classed As Cheating

last week we completed 3/4 of the good shepherds multi cache,the lost sheep admittedly it was in the wrong order but we did it, we signed the log book on the first two we did and on the second one we got soaked

we were not even going to continue to do the third part but my eldest son ran across the moors over a river and another field to find the third part for us, but he did not take a pen with him to sign the log book, but he said it was full anyway

we have all of these logged on the cache pages

then we decided we really could not do the final part due to being cold wet and lacking light.

but of course because we got so wet doing the second part, when i got home and took the sheet out of my pocket it was soaking wet and fell to pieces and we could not read the coords

i was wondering if it would be considered cheating if we emailed the good shepherds and asked them for just for the coords of the final cache....would they give it to us, if we explained what had happened, or would we need to do the whole lot again?

we would do it again ...........but it would have to be in the summer now though as 1 was very easy 1 was ok and 1 was up a "mountain"

i just thought after we got so near yet so far away it would be worth a try emailing them

but if you reckon i should just leave it and do it again sometime that is no problem

thanks for your help

I have left pine needles wrapped up in the log when there is no writing utensil. Then stated that in my GC log for that caches find. The next person that found it took the pine needles out and verified it. Just an idea.

I also went thru all the steps of cliff hanger cache and was talking to the owner at it's last stop when I saw the cache box hanging from the cliff edge by a rope, said I ain't going to get it and he said I could log it since I went to all the stops and even found the box hanging over the edge of the cliff. :D

I dug out me old printed sheets of the lost sheep series.......coz I keep 'em all y'know, for posterity like, all 370....in a file......and I have the final cache co-ords......if you want 'em :huh: , just e-mail through de profile! While I'm on, I had to do 'em all again the same flippin day, coz I only wrote one code down......didn't know there was two on each flippin sheep til the last one....d'oh! A good series, liked doing it.

GAZ