Snow Caching

Deego

I have been out today in the snow ;):D (Big kid I know) I did not find either of them  <_<  more from fear of leaving a trail that might compromise the cache than being unable to find them. Have you got snow? and how did you cope?

We placed a cache in Finland as a group of around 20 cachers after a cache meet. To disguise our trail we all wallked around all the other trees so that nothing was too obvious! :rolleyes:

Sarah

--

B) T alking about snow!!! We have seen our share of snow this weekend after doing some of the Cadair letterbox hybrids on sat and some of the ice formations and the drifts on the top were excellent but it was VERY cold.

Sun we found Peny fantastic and Tomy jones on the Brecon beacons and this is my favorite cache ever,the views are stunning and the snow was about four foot deep in places,not logged them yet as just got home.Four of us went up to Wales for the weekend and would recomend it,but dont expect your legs to work on mon morn :rolleyes:<_<;):DB)

Failed to find a cache yesterday in snowy conditions. The huge amounts of trampling around every tree within a 100 foot radius by 5 people would certainly have laid a few false trails, so I don't think that would have given the game away. However, the vast clouds of steam and blue air caused by manic searching may well have alerted attention at the time! :huh:

I f you take children out caching with you, please take extreme care of them! A young lad has been killed in Scotland by a Giant Snowball :P , here is the article on the BBC News Web site.

And before anyone complains, I personaly concider that this is a issue related to geocaching, considering that a child out caching with their parents, could creat something simular!

Dave

I f you take children out caching with you, please take extreme care of them! A young lad has been killed in Scotland by a Giant Snowball :laughing: , here is the article on the BBC News Web site.

And before anyone complains, I personaly concider that this is a issue related to geocaching, considering that a child out caching with their parents, could creat something simular!

Dave

well don't push your kid down the hill then! :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe that post about the snowball - I saw it a couple of days ago. A sad tragic accident and one thats unlikely to happen again (i hope)