"wegbreek" Travelbug

geocacher_coza

I have contacted the Wegbreek magazine to try and get an article published about Geocaching. Gideon said he will get back to me on an article in the mag. Then I got this “bright” idea when reading this excellent magazine!

In the last issue #6 (Sadly for the last time under the name “Wegbreek” It will be called Weg from now on due to some very stupid, ignorant, arrogant magazine editor at Getaway) Wegbreek published an article on what they consider to be the best 10 water pools in South Africa. I though of naming a travelbug “Weg” and then placing it in the vicinity of the pool close to me. The aim of the travelbug will then be to travel to all ten the sites as in the Wegbreek magazine.

I have contacted Wegbreek and they seem to think it is a good idea. They will publish the progress of the bug in the magazine. I will also keep track of the bug on my website. So we get some exposure in a national magazine and Wegbreek also gets some type of advertisement at no cost to them!

I need some input on this idea. Do you guys think it can work? If we do it everybody must try and work together to make the bug travel to all destinations.

At the end we can make it that the bug has to end up at the office of the Wegbreek editor or something like that.

The 10 pools are as follows:

1. Groot Rivier, Natures Valley—The Tsitsikamma-national Park Camping site

2. Mkambati Nature reserve, Eastern Cape

3. Riviersonderendryvyn, Hottentotsholland maintains nature Reserve

4. Meiringspoort Waterfall, De rust

5. Boegoeberg se dam, Northern Cape Boegoeberg Reserve

6. Rustenburgkloof, Rustenburg

7. Hartebeespoortdam, near Johannesburg

8. Palmietrivier, Kogelberg- Near Kleimond

9. NKWE, Bronberg outside Pretoria

10. Die Hel, Groot Winterhoek Nature Reserve area

If you guys think it is a good idea I will publish all the info on the 10 pools on my website and here on the forum with as much info as possible. (Like maps to get to the places, coordinates etc.)

Brick

Yes, that is a better idea :o I though of just starting caches as the bug goes!

Now we just need cacher from the areas listed to go and hide some caches! Any volunteers? I suppose I will have to start this one! When I get back to SA in three weeks time (hopefully :huh: ) I will hide one close to Harties! Brain, I leave the one near Pretoria for you! It is unfair that the Capies get to hide most of this one!

Waar is Fritz? KOm Fritz jy moet ook een wegsteek!
1. Groot Rivier, Natures Valley—The Tsitsikamma-national Park Camping site

2. Mkambati Nature reserve, Eastern Cape

3. Riviersonderendryvyn, Hottentotsholland maintains nature Reserve

4. Meiringspoort Waterfall, De rust

5. Boegoeberg se dam, Northern Cape Boegoeberg Reserve

6. Rustenburgkloof, Rustenburg

7. Hartebeespoortdam, near Johannesburg  (vandermerwe-family)

8. Palmietrivier, Kogelberg- Near Kleimond

9. NKWE, Bronberg outside Pretoria

10. Die Hel, Groot Winterhoek Nature Reserve area

I have put the name of the person that are going to do the hide in red behind the location. This is also a way to get the numbers up for the Globalrat challange

Edited by vandermerwe-family

Rodney

Will try my best, some areas are pretty big so I would suggest hiding it near the actual place that Wegbreek are talking about! Let me get onto my Garmin map and get some coordinates posted! :huh:

I will contact Wegbreek again and ask them If I can get a electronic copy of the actual article and then publish it on my site. Like this we will have some guidelines to go by.

I have contacted Wegbreek and they seem to think it is a good idea. They will publish the progress of the bug in the magazine.

Oooops!! I should of said ---- They might publish the progress of the bug in the magazine, but are currently still thinking about whether to go ahead or not!

I just received a email from Gideon at Weg about this thread. As he says, he does not want to give a impression that Weg editor have already given the go ahead for this idea. He says it is a good idea that HE supports and that HE will support it when the editor decides on the issue!

So the bottom line is that the decision must still be made by Weg management about them publishing the progress and result in the magazine! Gideon is scared that, by me saying "they will publish......." readers could get a negative towards Weg if the management decide otherwise! (And he is quit right!)

So all Geocachers, we can go ahead and start planning this TB BUT we are still waiting for the final go ahead from Weg management.

PS. All geocachers--- GO AND BUY THE BEST OUTDOOR MAGAZINE ON THE SOUTH AFRICAN MAGAZINE MARKET!!!! YOU WONT BE SORRY.