Memorial Day Weekend Event

WindChill

Hi all, I need some input...

The Eastern Iowa Geocachers Assoc, and the local Boy Scout council are beginning to plan an event for the spring of 2006.

The event would be held at the scout camp. There will be plenty of space for tent camping, some space for campers and several group-sized cabins. In addition to geocaching, there will be other camp activities (that may include fishing, archery, bb-guns, horseback riding).

My questions to you are:

* Would it matter if it were held on Memorial Day weekend?

* Would you be more/less likely to attend if it were held on the weekend after Memorial Day?

Thanks...

Being in Eastern Nebraska and a person who loves events and camping, I could be up for this one. Memorial Day weekend actually helps there because I could use the holiday to drive home. I assume that could be true for others as well? At the same time there is an overnight backpacking multi- cache in Missouri I was considering for then, but I might forego that for an event. I keep thinking that I would like to drive over and meet the Iowa people! :ph34r:

Sounds like a great time. I wouldn't be able to attend because we have our annual family reunion at Okoboji every Memorial Day weekend.

Oh Well, maybe on the way to or from.

The scouts really wanted to encourage people to camp for the event, so we went ahead with Memorial Day weekend. Should be a good time.