Selling Used City Select

The Garmin website states: " Your MapSource coupon code is valid for use with your own GARMIN GPS unit. If you own two GARMIN GPS units, you are allowed to obtain a second unlock code for the same region at no additional charge. Simply repeat the unlock process for the second unit. This agreement provides a one-user license, and it is illegal to share this data with others."

That's pretty explicit that only one user should be able to use the data from a given MapSource product. So if you're still using City Select with the first unlock code for your GPS receiver I think it would violate the terms of the agreement to sell anyone else the CDROMs and second unlock code.

I hate to be 'that guy' but is this a legitimate question or are you just trying to advertise your item under the ruse of this question?

I mean if one were really concerned one might would have wanted to ask this before setting up the auction and NOT posting a link to the item that is already up for auction.

If I'm off base here then please accept my apoligies.

edit: spelling

Edited by Seay me
A question came up about only the original owner may use the second unlock. Is this fact? Or can anyone use the second unlock?
The Garmin website states: "... This agreement provides a one-user license, and it is illegal to share this data with others."

That's pretty explicit that only one user should be able to use the data from a given MapSource product.  So if you're still using City Select with the first unlock code for your GPS receiver I think it would violate the terms of the agreement to sell anyone else the CDROMs and second unlock code.

As peter pointed out, if you're going to continue using the software yourself, then this is an illegal sale.

Closing this thread.