Garmin Etrex Legend

itdigger

I have a Garmin Etrex Legend that is only about a year old and the Toggle Switch will not let me toggle down or to the right. This is quite a problem because it is hard to use the GPS unit. Is there a way to repair the toggle switch? It doesn't look like the case comes apart easily. I may have to throw away my GPS unit. What is the best brand of GPS? I am not impressed with Garmin.

Have you tried contacting garmin? Though I've never owned an etrex with the stick I've read these boards enough to know it's been a problem for many many people.

As far as which GPS is best... that's another can of worms to open <_< .

You'll get different answers from all sides saying theirs is best. Personally I've owned two garmins adn been happy with both.

I may have to throw away my GPS unit. What is the best brand of GPS? I am not impressed with Garmin.

If your are going to throught it away, through it my way. I will make sure it get disposed of properly <_<

There is no best brand, If you do not want another Garmin your only other choice as far as a company that carry a large selection is going to be Magellan. Lowarance has some choices but you will not find a lot of cachers that have experiance with Lowrance.

If you got it from REI they offer an unconditional lifetime gaurantee on all products they sell. I had a Garmin 12 that I had for about 5 years and the units software crashed and they replaced it and upgraded me to an eTrex Legend.

I bought a 60cs from REI this weekend and it had a bad antenna. It would track just fine then jump between 9-170 miles off course. Took it back and it was replaced no questions asked. This one tracks just fine.

Just my opinion. You may pay a little more but they back every product they sell. I got my REI membership 20 years ago when I was 15; it was the best $5 I have ever spent.

Palm Grunt