Best Mystery Caches

CacheKestrel

Hello -

I have recently been to some interesting theme and historical area caches that added to the experience of the find. It is always fun to learn something new about an area and being from NJ the whole "Weird NJ" thing also adds fun to the adventure. History, ghost stories, and local folklore usually spice things up.

With the mystery cache you can be given clues that help you appreciate historical fact or local fiction in a unique way. I know that there are many creative cache hiders out there. Please share some of your favorite mystery caches?

Thanks

<_<

Edited by CacheKestrel

Wanted: The Outlaw (Smackdaddy)

There is no log to sign. You have to tell the owner what you find.

Fair warning, it's a bit if a bast#*$ to get to. There's lots of "keep out" signs along the way. Just make sure you stay on the correct side of them, and you'll be fine.

I am also very fond of "Murder for a Jar of Red Rum". This one taught me how to think outside the box. Also, I have a great deal of respect for the owner.

Edited by Shop99er
Okay, CacheKestral, not necessarily of historical interest, but my favorite Mystery Caches in North Jersey are: Any of Markwell's Photographer's caches that come nearby. The Cauldrons of Courage. Security NJ. Avroiar's MI6 series. Aerial Surveillance. Peanuts and Cracker Jacks.. Not to mention The Green Man Lives!, which I haven't finished yet.

Now we are talking. Looks like the MI6 could be allot of fun. :)

Here's the favorite of my own caches (which are all tough puzzlers). http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c1-6a4c60c45ba9 It's a mathematical proof that any female is the equal of any male. To get the coordinates, you have to show where the proof is wrong. Hidden 7/2/2003, the puzzle has never been solved. The cache was found twice, but the first person had recognized the photo, the second stumbled onto it while looking for another. The puzzle (which is original) is not that tough--and it's very interesting just to read. Check it out.

Edited by Don&Betty
my favorite:

CSI: San Antonio

'neko

LOL! I'm one of the suspects and I have NO vague earthly idea where the picture came from. I never bothered to solve the puzzle since I haven't cached S.A. yet.

Who knows? I proably did the crime. I could always plead insanity. :rolleyes:

*laughs* see what happens when you're not paying attention? =)

my newly found friend, sun-moon-starz, got me interested in that one - we had a blast solving it one night! i highly reccomend you take a look at it - especially since you're a suspect!!!

p.s. - for a small fee i can tell you if you're guilty or not! :lol:

I would certainly have to say The Journal cache is one of the best. It's well planned, and requires many different skills to find the location. I did it in one day with 3 other guys and I think we logged just over 13 miles. It's just outside of Peoria Illinois and well worth a trip from almost anywhere to attempt it.

Scoob