Garman Etrex Software Update??

GPS_David

I went to the Garmin website to see if my (Yellow) Garman Etrex needs updating. I noticed that they are offering v2.14 as an update but when I went into setup on the Etrex it showed I had version 3.00.

I checked the website but did not see any information on version 3.00. I'm wiery of installing version 2.14 over 3.00.... anyone have any clue as to what is going on?

Thanks,

Dave

In the past, when Garmin used internal hardware from a different vendor it was sometimes necessary to write new firmware to allow the unit to work properly with the new hardware. Since this firmware offers no new functionality (features) they do not post it on their web site. I suspect this may be the case here. I would not update, either.

I think you have one of the "new" yellow etrex models that have WAAS capability. There has been very little public information about this other than from the people like you who have asked about this version 3 firmware. It would be nice to hear from Garmin on this. Others have said that they have a yellow eTrex with version 3 firmware and WAAS can be enabled via the setup menu.