Are Garmin Basemaps Ever Updated On Existing Units

Seay me

I know the basemaps are not able to be altered in any way by the end user, but are they ever updated via download from garmin at all similar to a firmware update? The reason I'm asking is that there are several major state highway changes where I live that have happened in the last few years that do not show up on the basemap.

I'm assuming you are stuck with the basemap purchased with the unit for the life of the unit and new basemaps, when available, are only applied to new units.

I've taken your advice and contacted Garmin at that email address with my concerns. I talked about the maps being a couple years out of date (in my case one state highway has been in place and complete for over 3 years and is not included in the basemap).

I also threw my 2 cents about not having an expansion card slot available for the 60c.

It wasn't an angry or threatening letter. Just an end user expressign his concerns and letting the manufacutrer know what we (I) as an end user would like to see implimented in the future.

Chip