I Ordered It!

DieselNut

Any one use rechargable's in this thing? With out looking yet, do they make rechargable Lithiums?

I use rechargable NiMHs with mine and they work great. Change the battery type to 'Rechargable' so that the battery meter is more accurate. AtlantaGal ran a test on her 60CS using lithium batteries. They lasted over 51 hours (three times as long), but of course, cost three times as much. They are also lighter. Apparently the 60C/CS will float with lithiums installed.

I'm not familiar with rechargable lithium, but if they aren't here yet, they are likely coming.

As always, more info and links in the second question in this section of the FAQ.

The basemap has basic "big" roads, but for true driving you are going to want to get CitySelect. It includes all the "neat" stuff like find close restaurants, find by addres, etc. You can also get it, like I did, via the automotive kit (cigarette adapter, car holder and City Select software).

Good luck and enjoy

I just ordered my 60C from Amazon as well. I couldn't justify the extra for the CS, as I carry a compass when I need one and the GPS altimeter is good enough for me. B) Now I just have to find a cheap Auto Kit somewhere. Until then, I'll have to load on the old Maps and Recreation I have for my eMap.

Just got mine today (60cs), to got go along the rest of the stuff I've been receiving over the last week...Gilson neoprene case and external antenna, City Select, 24k Topo West, 2500 mah rechargeable batteries, GSAK, a membership to Geocaching.com, two instructional books....Does it ever end?

dm

p.s. yall stick around, ya hear, cuz I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

Just got mine today (60cs), to got go along the rest of the stuff I've been receiving over the last week...Gilson neoprene case and external antenna, City Select, 24k Topo West, 2500 mah rechargeable batteries, GSAK, a membership to Geocaching.com, two instructional books....Does it ever end?

dm

p.s. yall stick around, ya hear, cuz I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

Total package!! B)B):P

Dumb? but will Mapsource R&R work with this unit, right? I know that there will not be any auto routing and 'nat but just to have some roads to look at until I get City Select.

That is my understanding. Better to have 6 year old roads than no roads. I may be mistaken about this though. I think it will be compatible, as I loaded the Points of Intrest restore for the GSPMAP 60C onto my eMap and that worked fine. I will post if I am successful, once it arrives. I just can't justify the extra money for the City Select maps or Auto Kit right now.

Edited by sacherjj
Dumb? but will Mapsource R&R work with this unit, right? I know that there will not be any auto routing and 'nat but just to have some roads to look at until I get City Select.

It will work. I have R and R and City Select on my 76CS, which uses the same software. The R and R has many more dirt roads and trails, and although it doesn't autoroute, it is very useful for caching in rural areas.

I get home from work yesterday at around 5:00. At 7:30 the wife says "oh yeah, did you see the package that came for you? Its in the living room."

AAHHHHHhhhhhh....... he screams as he runs into the living room.

**Tearing and ripping sounds***

It's here! It's here! My 60C arrived!

And don't you know, its snowing like heck in the Philly area......

are the geogods against me?

I've only had my 60cs & city select v6 a couple of weeks, but I love it; it does everything I can imagine wanting and more. The city select software is worth the price (I've seen it for $76 at mall24-7.com btw). The maps appear to be current to about two years ago, and that's as good as yahoo or mapqwest ever is.

Enjoy your new toys!

-Indybill

I've only had my 60cs & city select v6 a couple of weeks, but I love it; it does everything I can imagine wanting and more.  The city select software is worth the price (I've seen it for $76 at mall24-7.com btw).  The maps appear to be current to about two years ago, and that's as good as yahoo or mapqwest ever is.

Enjoy your new toys!

-Indybill

"With the purchase of North America City Select v4.01..."

Their ad refers to v4.01 several times. This may be a mistake, they don't even have the correct name (City Select North America). The current version is 6. I would certainly clarify before ordering. The price is almost too low to be true.

Edited by Klatch

Just got my 60CS as well, and I agree with all of you, that this is one fine unit. The screen is so great in direct sunlight as well as at night with the back light on. I've started geocaching, and this is going to get very addictive. I do have a question though. I download my *.gpx file, then using easygps, I download the cache waypoints into the 60cs. Then when I go out geocaching, I hit the find button, then select geocache, and a list of nearest caches appears. Select one, go-to, and I'm off navigating. When I found it the geocaching screen allows me to mark the cache as "found" and logs a find in the calander. However, when I go to the calander, there are two entries for every cache I found. This does not make sense to me. Any thoughts?

Edited by Svenster