Suggestion For A Geocaching Motto

TheWilkens

"GCR's do it in the woods with ammo cans"

I don't know what other cachers are doing with ammo cans, but I'm just finding them and looking inside. :( And you never know what you're going to get. ;) As to the Vendi, Inveni, Discessi, I'd rather see that in a log, (VID) instead of PDM.

VID, I like that. I think I found a new TLA to use!

What's the latin for "If you don't like it, don't look for it?'  :(

What's with everyone wanting to use latin?

It's a dead language because it's hard to speak. Ever say something to a friend in latin? they look at you like you're a raving lunatic.

and it flows about as well as molasses in December.

oh, back on topic: I think the simple: Geocachers do it in the woods! works well, but nowadays I think it might have to be "Geocachers do it in parking lots"

What's that in latin?

What's with everyone wanting to use latin?

It's a dead language because it's hard to speak. Ever say something to a friend in latin? they look at you like you're a raving lunatic.

and it flows about as well as molasses in December.

You want a language that is hard to speak and flows poorly, try ancient Greek, where the "p" in "psyche" actually is pronounced.

"Geocachers do it in parking lots"

Geocachores agunt in stationibus vehiculorum.

(Too lazy to work out "those who hide boxes for the purpose of being found)

There are a couple of people in here that live to cause a conterversary....ignore them. They have their own agenda.

The bottom line is that "You are the search engine" is the official slogan and I'll stick with it.

Yeah, like you don't have your own agenda too...you just ask Jeremy for it each month along with your newspaper allowance.

The idea that dissonance does not convey truth is a logical fallacy. The idea that something of authority gives it credence is a logical fallacy.

Since this is a matter of opinion, I have no agenda in making my opinion known. I don't like the slogan. I also don't have a better idea at this time.

...The bottom line is that "You are the search engine" is the official slogan and I'll stick with it....

It's the official slogan of Geocaching.com.

When it comes to agendas, everyon has them. Some people are more honest about it than others. I think the agenda behind this thread was to have a little fun and maybe come up with a univeral slogan. Similar to the Gx geocaching logo. The Get a life, go geocaching one is pretty good. It has a history.

Yeah, like you don't have your own agenda too...you just ask Jeremy for it each month along with your newspaper allowance.

The idea that dissonance does not convey truth is a logical fallacy. The idea that something of authority gives it credence is a logical fallacy.

This topic isn't about you. Get over yourself and get back on topic.

Since this is a matter of opinion, I have no agenda in making my opinion known. I don't like the slogan. I also don't have a better idea at this time.

Oh. I'm sorry. Got nuthin? Get out of the topic then.

Posted by TheWilkens:

VID, I like that. I think I found a new TLA to use!

VID? What does 494 have to do with anything? Besides, wouldn't it be correctly written as CDXCIV?

My suggestion: "Found it?"

Before going we say, "Let's go find some..."

If we run across others on the trail we call out, "Found it yet?"

When we do, we cry, "Found it!"

Afterward we're asked, "Did you find it?"

At events folks ask, "How many have you found?" or "Which is the best you've found?"

Enjoy,

Randy

There are a couple of people in here that live to cause a conterversary....ignore them. They have their own agenda.

The bottom line is that  "You are the search engine" is the official slogan and I'll stick with it.

Is that a personal attack, or just an ignorant assumption? Or is it just a stupid statement? I'm curious since ignorance is a temporary lack of knowledge and stupidity is forever.

El Diablo