Gsak & 60c Issue

Seay me

I just got my 60c. Using GSAK and my GPX files I was uploading the cache information.

In the name fields of GSAK I put %drop2 %dif1/%ter1 . If I understand right this should put the Geocaching.com waypoint name minus the "GC" at the begnning, a space, and the single digit difficulty/terrain rating. I get the screenshot below on my gps using this configuration. Some of the ratings are 7 when it shouldn't go over 5. The highlighted cache in question is rated at a 4/5. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

waypoint.JPG

Any suggestions on how to build my variable fo hte name area to get what I want?

Edited by Seay me

Don't put the %drop2 at the beginning, put it at the end like this. I

%dif1/%ter1%drop2

Hmmm but it mgiht screw it up too. hmmm, try it and let us know if it worked.

I had a similar issue when I was trying to cut the GC and add the cache type and cache container size to the front of the name. I had to have the %drop2 at the end, even though you think you would need it at the beginning.

Edited by mrking

See http://www.gsak.net/help/hs10300.htm for a list of the tags and what will likely be displayed.

Specific to your situation:

%dif = Difficulty in full

%dif1 = Difficulty reduced to 1 digit (dif * 2 -1), so 1=1, 1.5=2, 2=3, 2.5=4, ...

%dif1a - Difficulty reduced to 1 character, so 1=1, 1.5 = A, 2=2, 2.5=B, 3=3, 3.5=C, 4=4, 4.5=D, 5=5

%ter = Terrain in full

%ter1 = Terrain reduced to 1 digit (dif * 2 -1), so 1=1, 1.5=2, 2=3, 2.5=4, ...

%ter1a - Terrain reduced to 1 character, so 1=1, 1.5 = A, 2=2, 2.5=B, 3=3, 3.5=C, 4=4, 4.5=D, 5=5