Dpm?

WYlostinMA

Does anyone really WANT to find 100 film canisters in lightpoles? Does anyone REALLY want to find a hide-a-key full of moldy pulp attached to a dumpster?

To your first question , I would have to say yes ... sorry but there are those that quite enjoy a "numbers" run ( we have never done this ) but its the way they want to play.

To the second question , If I found a moldy plup for a log I would be kind enough to e-mail the placer telling him politely of the condition of his cache in the hopes that they would go out and correct it.

If you are going to Quote me Brian please use the whole Quote .. No where did I condone poorly maintained caches ....

Star

No, it's not wrong. There's nothing wrong with people playing this way. I think his point is that they can hide easy to find caches in pleasant places with just slightly more work on the part of the hider.

This is a key point that some people seem to be missing. Micros aren't the issue. Easy caches aren't the issue. Urban caches aren't the issue. Its unmantained caches in unappealing or just plain disgusting areas that are the issue.

Or are there people who actually enjoy finding slimy log books, hidden in leaky canisters in feces and trash strewn lots, next to dumpsters and under bridges littered with hypodermic needles, empty wine bottles and discarded condoms. Be honest you numbers hounds, do you really LIKE these caches,or everything else being equal would you prefer that the cache be in a pleasant or interesting area? I find it hard to believe that a segment of the population here honestly believes that caches hidden in these repulsive areas are the cat's pajamas, but if you do, say so and I'll eat a large helping of eggplant.

Sorry , I guess We thought you all were bashing on cacher's rights to hide what is considered "Lame" caches in Walmart parking lot lightpoles ..... Not caches that are poorly maintained ... SO where did the debate change ? *confused here * :)

[sorry , I guess We thought you all were bashing on cacher's rights to hide what is considered "Lame" caches in Walmart parking lot lightpoles ..... Not caches that are poorly maintained ... SO where did the debate change ? *confused here *  :)

Oops, my boo-boo. Should have read "Its maintained and unmantained caches in unappealing or just plain disgusting areas that are the issue"

And again (heeeelllooo!), nobody was "bashing on anybody's rights". People have the right to hide whatever they want within the guidelines here. But others also have a right to criticize and complain, so stop bashing on our right to speak out and our attempt to educate.

Edited by briansnat
[sorry , I guess We thought you all were bashing on cacher's rights to hide what is considered "Lame" caches in Walmart parking lot lightpoles ..... Not caches that are poorly maintained ... SO where did the debate change ? *confused here *  :)

Oops, my boo-boo. Should have read "Its maintained and unmantained caches in unappealing or just plain disgusting areas that are the issue"

And again (heeeelllooo!), nobody was "bashing on anybody's rights". People have the right to hide whatever they want within the guidelines here. But others also have a right to criticize and complain, so stop bashing on our right to speak out and our attempt to educate.

Where was anybody bashing on your right to speak out ?

Only thing I have issue with is how our words are being twisted into things we have not said ... That and the fact that CR resorted to name calling at one point , I am sure he is better than that , as are you.

The area of your statement that I put in bold is exactally the point that most of us are trying to make .

Star

Wow, this thread is still here?

I take it everyone is making good progress on resolving the issue so we can put it to rest?

Didn't think so.

heh, it's amazing isn't it. I'm getting dizzy from all of the circles this thread is going in and don't really see it going anywhere productive at this point so I see a closure coming soon.

I 'm tired of the cliche in this thread and all over these forums...

"if you don't like it, don't find it, put it on your ignore list".

Try this...stop imposing on me to ignore caches, and instead, try hiding YOUR cache better.

Hear hear!! Couldn't agree more or have said it better myself!

-Dave R. (lurking, and less vocal on this subject than in the recent past, but still holding to my previously-ranted position)