Suggestion For Easier Tb Retrieval From Cache Page

Search1128

While picking up and putting back various TB's on cache pages on the website here, I had an idea. Is this a feasible idea....

Similar to how we have a drop down list of our current inventory to drop a TB off into a cache while logging our visit to the cache, can it also be possible to have a drop down list box on the same page maybe to the right of our own inventory, but to have a cache page inventory of TBs? That way when I am logging my visit to the cache and typing my note, immediately I can retrieve the TB from the cache. Then maybe have a secondary window asking for the TB tag number to verify the bug retrieval?

Maybe also then when the user clicks on the submit button they are asked if they want to continue directly to the TB's respective page to log pick up note as well?

Just an idea.

Thanks for all you do there at GC.Com. :)

Kirk out.

Excellent idea. It will make logging TBs much easier.

On a related note, can we give some consideration to the logging requirements for TBs? I find it strange that I'm required to enter text to log that I picked it up (when I have nothing to say) but not when I place the TB in a cache (when I'm likely to want to explain why I put the TB in that particular cache).

My preference is that it should be as easy to pick up a TB as it is to place it, and that text should not be mandatory in either case, but should nevertheless be easy to enter.

My preference is that it should be as easy to pick up a TB as it is to place it, and that text should not be mandatory in either case, but should nevertheless be easy to enter.

These are both great ideas! I really like playing and participating in the sub-game of Travel Bugs and hitchhikers and these would make it a little more user friendly.

I am glad The White Family suggested the enhancement to enter text as I am dropping off a Travel Bug, would makes things a little more interesting with stories and explanations.