Freash Meat In Hosptial

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite

Very dissapointing that our PTB couldn't bend the golden rules a bit to allow a cache event to be held in Jim's room during his extended stay. Sometimes the spirit of the event is more important than holding fast to rules.

It would have been the right thing to do especially since Jim and Tara are a true geocaching couple who went caching on their first date and even held their wedding as a caching event.

If somebody would post the event cache a little more "creatively", I bet it could get approved.

Of course, by the time it got approved The Meatmeister could be out of the hospital....

Except for the fact that I read this thread and the one on the EVC boards. <_<

So you checked around other theads on other forums. Well that's spending your time wisely.

You take too much of this too seriously. This would have been a kind hearted thing to do for Freshie, instead you are just toeing the line rather than doing what is right. I have a feeling you wouldn't have gotten into trouble if you had approved this event cache.

Seriously though, I think something like this is best handled through the forums. At least as far as visiting him in the hospital. Perhaps what you should be planning is a welcome home from the hospital event.

This is a good idea hopefully it is already being planned... depending on when he gets out.

I'm still dissapointed that a hospital event couldn't be a reality.... oh well

This would have been a kind hearted thing to do for Freshie, instead you are just toeing the line rather than doing what is right. I have a feeling you wouldn't have gotten into trouble if you had approved this event cache.

Actually you'd be surprised how much flack I would have taken for listing it. As it was submitted it was not listable, make it fit the guidelines and I can take another look.

This would have been a kind hearted thing to do for Freshie, instead you are just toeing the line rather than doing what is right.  I have a feeling you wouldn't have gotten into trouble if you had approved this event cache.

Actually you'd be surprised how much flack I would have taken for listing it. As it was submitted it was not listable, make it fit the guidelines and I can take another look.

Did you let the submitter know what they had to change? There are some guideline rules regardless that would be broken, such as a two week advance notice, not possible for someone visiting a hopsital in an emergency situation. It also would have run more than one day. Would you be willing to break those rules or would the fear of flack be too overwhelming?

Don't worry about it, the locals in Eugene have taken care of it. They used their forums to spread the word. A small forum over there has nearly 1000 hits and is 3 pages long. The forums here have a few messages and around 300 hits. Not as many people use the gc forums as you might think.

His logbook has many many signatures already. No thanks to these forums or the site.

I recall a guy getting arrested a few years ago for hiding a cache in a bad place. His court date was turned into an event and it was approved. Things have sure changed haven't they and I don't think for the good.

Personally if I were a mod I would have approved it, I would have made the changes required myself in order for it to be close enough to the rules to reduce the amount of flack headed my way. It would have been the right thing to do.

Edited by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite
Personally if I were a mod I would have approved it

If you were a mod I dunno of a cache that wouldn't be approved ;)

and since you'd have the final coords for puzzles and multis I imagine you'd suddenly find a lot more of them :(

Back on topic is there any word on when Jim will actually be getting out of the hospital? I might need to ask in the EVC forum since most of them don't look here

Personally if I were a mod I would have approved it, I would have made the changes required myself in order for it to be close enough to the rules to reduce the amount of flack headed my way. It would have been the right thing to do.

I find it's very easy to talk from one side of the fence about what you would do before one has any experience over the grief received on the other side of the fence.

Even though you started this thread, I think you did the intent of this thread a disservice by turning it into your soapbox.

Bufford is mowing his lawn for him.

If I recall correctly Logscaler volunteered you to mow the lawn one weekend and me the next. To save us both some trouble and travel time I suggest we each be responsible for 6 month at a time. I'll take the period of October-March and you can have April-September. Oh what the heck, I'm a nice guy and I'll take September too and only make you take 5 months. :)

Bufford is mowing his lawn for him.

If I recall correctly Logscaler volunteered you to mow the lawn one weekend and me the next. To save us both some trouble and travel time I suggest we each be responsible for 6 month at a time. I'll take the period of October-March and you can have April-September. Oh what the heck, I'm a nice guy and I'll take September too and only make you take 5 months. :D

Logscaler can volunteer me all he wants but he'll have to do my share for me.

Or you can have all the shares yourself, I'm generous like that

I will mow Jims and Buffords and Lazyboy's lawn when and as often as I do mine. :D

And seeing as I have not had to mow a lawn at my house in something like 5 years, you guys just might want to get a cow or a sheep or a horse or something along that line. I dont even have a working lawn mower!

I would suggest the cow as they taste better when fall gets here.

Logscaler.