Software For Navman/pocket Pc

Azaruk

I have been given a Compaq iPAQ Pocket PC along with a Navman GPS3100 GPS sleeve.

It has taken a while to get the PPC to talk to my desktop PC, but this all working fine.

Loading the Navman software, I get a screen showing satellite capture, so the GPS sleeve and computer are working well together.

All it does, though, is tell me where I am.

What software do I get to allow this combination to operate like a "standard" GPSr? I want the functionality of a basic GPSr. I am not too concerned, at this stage, about base maps.

I need to enter a goto, have a track route saved, be able to enter waypoints and routes, and so on.

Any suggestions from fellow cachers?

Or, to put it another way: HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP

Hi Azark,

Take a look at BeeLineGPS. It will allow you to mark waypoints, display tracks, create a go to, altitude profile and a number of other functions. Also it has features specific to Geocaching and support for the GPX file format. It acts simular to a hand-held GPSr.

There is another utility you may be interested in at,

GPS Passion and the direct download: WinCE Monitor. It will allow you to setup the Navman's SiRF chip set.

Hope this helps!

RumJungle :surprise: