Could Somebody Explain To My Mother That I Haven't

fly46

My mother has decided to buy a house. So we drove about 50 miles in a 8 mile radius looking at places.

Every time we'd see one for sale, I'd immediately scan the yard to see if there was a good place to put a cache. lol.

I think she thinks I've lost it.

I'm not sure if I should be more scared that she understood what I meant by hanging a fake bird house from a tree.

Sounds like perfectly logical behavior to me. When we were looking for our house up here in Clarksville, the first thing I looked for was where I could put my Ham radio antennas. If I were to buy another now, I would look for antenna places and cache hiding places both. But, having said that, I will state that I am not addicted to either hobby, I can quit anytime I want, and I've told my wife that many times, too. :laughing:

I find myself doing that all day long. Everytime I see any type of container, I size it up for a cache container. Every place I see becomes a potential cache spot. I guess it's just "in my blood" now...the same way a dermatologist instantly spots odd moles or skin patches on everyone they meet. To those newbie out there that doe this: Don't worry, the desire to do this only gets stonger with find/hide counts. :laughing:

I think i would look for a house with a nice foresty area behind the house for a good ol' night cache :laughing: You don't sound like you're even coming close to losing it... If i see a new cache come out and it's 12:00 midnight I'm totally out the door to find it :huh: (thats actually me in the dark. haha) You deffinatly seem normal to me... You might even want to try marking the coords of the houses you like and check too see how many caches are nearby

I'm not sure if I should be more scared that she understood what I meant by hanging a fake bird house from a tree.

ROFL! Are you sure we don't have the same mother and are long-lost siblings?

Just be sure if you borrow her bird house that you block the opening so real birds won't live there, and mark the outside of the box with a geocaching label/word.

A momma bird can potentially leave her nest if people poke in there while there are young.

As a member of the Geoholics Association of Columbia, South Carolina (and yes we meet monthly) I offer this

You know your a geoholic when:

1. Your in a town you don't know and you race to the local library to log your caches (yes I did that this past weekend)

2. You keep your GPS on you at all times

3. You mutter in your sleep words like "FTF", "CITO" and "TB"

4. You pain your house like an ammo can

5. You on purpose buy Kid Meals to get toys to exchange in caches.

Could Somebody Explain To My Mother That I Haven't, gone over the Geocaching Deep End???????

Psst, hey mom. Yea, over here. Um, hate to tell ya, but Fly HAS gone off the deep end. No don't worry, I can help you. All you have to do is get me the GPS, and I'll handle the rest, TRUST ME. :huh:

Sorry Fly, the only course of action is to get her addicted as well. SHe'll thank you eventually. :o

gone over the deep end...? in geocaching??? but how is that possible ;) ?

Psst, hey mom. Yea, over here. Um,      to tell ya, but Fly HAS gone off the deep end. No don't worry, I can help you. All you have to do is get me the GPS, and I'll handle the rest, TRUST ME. 

I agree you must take action!!