Uk Regional Differences

one4zorro

This week we have been caching in Wiltshire. There are some excellent caches in the locality and some wonderful countryside.

The other evening (11ish) I logged on to find a new cache - plans were made to go and get it next day! At the crack of dawn we were off! and yes our second FTF!

It was another day before anyone else logged the cache. My reason for mentioning this, is that a week before we had attempted another FTF in Staffordshire.... Every man and his dog turned up within 24 hours in fact 9 people logged it within 24 hours - we almost declared it an event cache!

This got me thinking about how regional areas differ - in Wiltshire there appears to be a very active scene, there are no shortage of caches, but it seems more laid back! In Staffordshire it is not unusual for FTFs to be logged in the early hours of the morning!

Just an observation :(

Martin

i've only got a couple. if one appears nearby then i'll go and grab it commitments willing but it's not something i loose sleep over. but then i'd not bother caching after dark. nothing to see as far as i'm concerned.

whatever floats your boat. i like collecting stuff. t+j bears and crystal eggs that often get left in gary and jane caches.

you measure kudos by your own yardstick. :laughing:

if a cache isn't claimed and its near me and its the weekend and the wife isn't working then I'll be getting up early to find it (or go out late at night). If its a monday or tuesday then I won't even bother as I know ARRKS will be on their way before me.

If it's in the Cheshire area you have to set off before the cache has even been hidden to beat aRRKs. :huh::o:laughing:

A brand new series was launched only a few miles from us today but we thought we would leave it for a week or so to avoid the initial rush. It will be interesting to see how many people have done it before the end of the first day.

Unusual for a cache to last that long in Wiltshire, usually stonefisk has bagged it within hours, but he has been quiet lately. I was away getting some Lancashire caching in and only noticed the new cache this evening (and a couple of junior football matches for the junior RTB's wouldn't have helped.

One difference that I have noticed ais that here in Wilts we don't really go in for cache series. While away in Lancs I had downloaded the nearest caches to both palm and GPS. I was visiting a factory and saw there was a cache within half a mile but this was part of a series so the co-ordinates were false and I didn't have time to do the rest.

if a cache isn't claimed and its near me and its the weekend and the wife isn't working then I'll be getting up early to find it (or go out late at night). If its a monday or tuesday then I won't even bother as I know ARRKS will be on their way before me.

If it's in the Cheshire area you have to set off before the cache has even been hidden to beat aRRKs. :lol::lol:<_<

A brand new series was launched only a few miles from us today but we thought we would leave it for a week or so to avoid the initial rush. It will be interesting to see how many people have done it before the end of the first day.

It was active for a good 5 mins before we left the house this morning, in fact if we had been on time we would have missed it. Had an excellent day with 8 FTF's :D:o Could give this caching lark up anytime :D:o:lol::D

And what did we see when we got home....You know full well ...back in a minute :D

I am playing various other number games for my own amusement, so I am not including number of FTFs as this would just put me in competition with my fellow cachers. Round here, it's normally John and Hazel who get the FTFs, but with hazel out of action for a while, I got one in yesterday, even with a nice sunday morning lay in! :huh:

When Dan gets back from his geocaching break, we will no doubt get plenty of 3am nocturnal FTFs from him and Pid again.