Odd Logging...

Anyone else think this strange?

This person mickydicky has just started logging loads of finds in the local area but thier profile says they only joined yesterday!

The logs go back to 9th Sept '04!

I suppose it could be legit but it does seem odd. Also strange is that claim to have done "Glorious Gloucestertshire" 2 days ago and "View to the hills" on the 2nd Jan - thing is you wouldn't really do one without the other as they are very close and the parking place is the same.

What think ye? Am I just being suspicious? I've got to do an annual check on one of ours soon so I'll check the logbook.

Jon.

Edited by The J J Noodle Fan Club
They could have been caching for quite some time and have only just decided to register and log all their finds.

Yes, just as Richard & Pepper said. However, sometimes things like this turn out be the work of hoaxers, so if you're curious, head out and check the log books in the caches! :huh:

Or a family/team of cachers where an individual has decided to have thier own log and is covering off the ones he's been to before under the team name.

I'd thought of that but the dates are usu. unique to this individual.

Anyway - hopefully I'm being over suspicious but as I said I've got to do some annual checks soon so I'll go through the logs..

Your suspicions may be correct. They did 'It's a dogs life' and 'Chosen hill' on different days. These caches are only 1/4 of a mile apart and most people grab both in the same trip . . . . .

On the other hand, I know some cachers who only grab one cache per trip - no matter how far they've travelled, and how close the caches are. I personally don't understand that, but it's a case of 'anyone who does fewer caches than you is lazy, anyone who does more is obsessed'.

That said, I've had a look through Mr. Dicky's logs for the caches that we've done, and something doesn't add up. The comments _could_ have been generated purely from other logs on the page. Nothing is wholly innacurate, but I'd certainly choose to mention other things at some sites. For example, not mentioning the dogs at Sytchampton.

If they had as much trouble with Chosen Hill as we did, then I can well imagine they went straight home and didn't bother finding It's A Dog's Life. :surprise: It looks like they might have done, due to the 'muddy and slippy' comments. Sarah very nearly went bum over boobs there.

Stu

Hmm... I'm suspicous about the 'It's a Dog's Life' log. We went 2 weeks before and it wasn't particularly muddy. We only mentioned mud in our log as we did a stupid and went the wrong way. He also didn't take the TB we left (which is a big one you couldn't miss) and you'd think someone with 31 finds would know about TBs.

Lisa

Your suspicions may be correct. They did 'It's a dogs life' and 'Chosen hill' on different days. These caches are only 1/4 of a mile apart and most people grab both in the same trip . . . . .

This could be perfectly innocent behaviour, there are a number of caches near work that many people bag 2 or 3 together. I'm doing them all 1 at a time in order to give me something to do at lunchtime when I really need a bit of fresh air. If I hit them all together I'd have nothing to look forward to.

aren't we a suspicious lot?

email them and ask if you want to know and check those log books. as has been said though could be they work/ go to nearby college or school and can only bag one a day at lunch.

or maybe they've just decided to cache that way. only one way to find out. ;)

And of course, their logs and cache count are really their own business. B)