Thanks For All The Fish

CO Admin

When the decision was made, in late 2003, to have moderators in the forums I was one of the first. The style of the forums was much different then.. Not unlike the old west before the sheriff came to town. There were great times and not so great times. Back then you could see your warn meter and there actually were people asking to get their warn meter spiked. In Fact one of my first warning to anyone was to Renegade Knight. He was commenting that he wanted to be warned to see what it looked like. Far be it from me to not be helpful :mad:

Warned on Nov 20 2003, 10:43 AM

Ask and you shall receive. you are warned. Ill take it off later today but since you wanted to see it I thought Id grant your wish. This note stays with your account so all the moderators will see that this warning was placed in jest and not hold it against your conduct. This is just a joke. If you feel it was in poor taste please let me know and I will apologize in this thread to you for the joke.

So that was one of my first. There were several after that. Some as a joke some not. That’s the nature of the beast. What was needed at the time was a firm hand at moderation. There are those of you that might surprised to hear this but my style of moderation has always been straight forward and without a lot of pleasantries :mad: At the time it was what was needed. The forums no longer need that. Things have change and its time for me to step down as a forum moderator. It is time for the changing of the guard so to speak. Effective today I will no longed be a forum moderator for these forums.

I have enjoyed my time as a mod and had a lot of fun. To be honest my failing health is also playing a factor in my stepping down. But I feel that it’s the right thing to do for my first reason stated.

Ill still be here as LaPaglia. I will occasionally post as CO Admin but only from a reviewers stand point not as a moderator.

Do me a favor; Take it easy on the new guy. Whoever it is they deserve a fresh start.

Change happens, people grow and the needs of the forums expand. I have no regrets as a mod. I have enjoyed serving the Geocaching community as a forum moderator.

I wish you all well.

Michael LaPaglia

I have also been a forum moderator since the beginning. It does wear on you a bit, having to read every forum thread even when you'd prefer to skip over some of them. For the past month or so, I've been taking a well-deserved vacation from the world of warn meters and thread locks. It helped give me a fresh perspective.

With CO Admin stepping down, I'll come back from vacation and start pulling my fair share again. It continues to be a privilege to be a moderator in our forums.

But it has been a greater privilege working with CO Admin! I wish him a happy forum mod retirement and good health and happiness.

It can't be easy to be a moderator, I think we all know that just by seeing some of the things that have gone on in the past. They have to make decisions that are unpopular at times and receive a lot of grief. When they do good it is mostly taken for granted and goes without notice by most.

You did a great job Michael. Thank you for your service.

El Diablo

CO Admin probably wouldn't want me to tell this story, but one time, after we had spent a day at the beach, we were heading back home in the bus. Anyway, the bus stalled and then we hear soldiers approaching and he had this chicken on his lap that wouldn't stop clucking. I turned to him and said, "Would you shut that %#@! chicken up!?!?!" and then he...he...he...

WAIT....it WASN'T A CHICKEN! It was a PONY!!!!! Oh NO!

Oh...no..wait..it was a chicken......never mind...it's not that good of a story anyway.

Thanks for everything, Lap....you've done an amazing job.

Bret

Thanks Michael for doing a job that had to grate on you for more times than I could imagine. I have had a few chuckles as I read some of the battles that have ensued on these and other forums.

I can't believe you are giving up that extra $1000.00 per month that Groundspeak is paying you. Whoops- Didn't you tell me to not say anything about that?? The other mods and all.

Keith