Evil Multi's

Fenix6372

OK I have an idea for a multi, and seeing as how I don't want to give too much away about it I am going to try to keep my question as generic as possible: Is it evil to make a multi backtrack on itself, i.e. start leads to coordinate B which leads the cacher unknowingly past another coordinate they will have to come back to later? The theme kinda makes the backtracking make sense, but at the same time I feel kinda bad for making people do so much walking :P

Off topic, does anyone think this looks like Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? :laughing:

I have 2 multi's that do that and it's because I want people to end back near where they parked . I did a couple of multi's that end up a bit away from where I parked and now I have to turn around to get back , so I figure I'll get people to get to a point and then do a semi backtrack (get them back closer to their vehicles). #1

#2.

Been there done that. So is it evil well my wife thought so, LOL. THere is also a NIGHT cache taht requires you to cross a creek several times at a bridge that is at the start of the cache. So basically you idea is NOT new. Is it evil depends at least they are near there car when they finish. No evil is if you have them come back and then go further out and come back and go further out repeat so at the end they are way way far from their car. That might be evil. Or put a cache so they park 50 feet from it but there is a deep canel, crevice etc in between so they have to walk a long ways to get to the cache. That is evil. Or the most evil is a MICRO in a pile of rocks.

cheers

Go for it! Be aware though that there's a thin line between evil:funny and evil:frustrating!

We have at least 3 multis locally that lead you in a circle - one takes you through a shopping mall parking lot, where 3 of the five stages are some of the toughest to find in the state...two stages almost require a phone-a-friend!

One takes you to six stores in a mall area, and some stages are very tricky - one downright evil,

and the third takes you on a 12-mile hike through a state park.

In each case the final is very close to the first stage.

In all cases the multi leads to a traditional cache.

The thing that keeps each of these from PITA classification is that each stage is different, interesting and fun, and would make a good cache in and of itself.

I've heard of a multi where you have to answer trivia questions to get the correct coordinates to the next stage. If you answered a question incorrectly, you were taken to an out of the way place only to find a micro telling you to go back and try again.