"bookmark Listing" Error

beejay&esskay

More often than not, when I select "bookmark listing" from a cache page, I get the below error message. (Tried 4 times on 3 different caches, got this error 3 times.)

I am a premium member. I only have 1 bookmark list set up. It has no caches assigned to it.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Creation failed. You have exceeded the maximum number of bookmark lists for your account.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Groundspeak.Web.Exceptions.MaxLimitException: Creation failed. You have exceeded the maximum number of bookmark lists for your account.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MaxLimitException: Creation failed. You have exceeded the maximum number of bookmark lists for your account.]

Groundspeak.Web.Bookmarks.BookmarkList.Create(Int64 OwnerID, String ListName, String ListDescription, Boolean IsShared, Boolean IsSpecial, ListType ThisListType, Boolean NotifyMe) +283

Geocaching.UI.BookmarkWptControl.ddBookmarkList_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +240

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +178

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +178

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control n

Hope this has not been covered already:

When you try to add a cache to your bookmarks, but you haven't created a bookmark list before, an error message is shown. It would be nice to have something more informative instead of a screen which looks similar to the now long forgotten server to busy errors.

Once you create a bookmark list, all is fine. Love the new layout!

Nostrada posted that on the official FAQ thread for bookmarks.

At the point I had my error, I had 1 empty bookmark list created...which could be the same issue?

Sounds like an erroneous error (sounds redundant) when it checks for duplicates.

I just got this error when I tried adding a cache to a bookmark list, when that cache was already on said bookmark list. It took me a while to make that connection.

Obviously that's an error, but there should be a friendlier way to say so then throwing a cryptic .NET error at me.