Missing Archived Caches?

mapwom

Once a cache is archived, it is not supposed to show up in a search based on zipcode or coordinates.

Are you certain that the caches weren't temporarily disabled, with a blue line through them? Perhaps your local volunteer went through and cleaned up some of the caches that had been disabled for too long, and archived them (with a red line through them).

Edited by The Leprechauns

There are 3 on my find list that will not show up from there. When I click on one of them it says "An Error Has Occured

Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been approved." I found them in sept of 2002 and was not the 1st or last finder of them.

"An Error Has Occured

Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been approved."

Well the error message seems to tell you the problem. For whatever reason, the cache has been unapproved. You won't be able to see it until it gets listed again.

Can you get to a log entry that was made, if a cache has been unapproved after you had found it?

--Marky

"An Error Has Occured

Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been approved."

Well the error message seems to tell you the problem. For whatever reason, the cache has been unapproved. You won't be able to see it until it gets listed again.

How/why would a cache be unapproved, especially more than 2 years after approval.

Roger