GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

ClydeE

Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

I've got GSAK (registered) on our desktop PC, and would like to also have it on our laptop PC (both are XP). Is it possible to be registered on both machines? Is there an easy way to transfer the current databases from one copy to the new/empty one on the laptop? Or will I have to rebuild it? I can transfer files between the two by remote desktopping or via USB flash drives if necessary.

(Sorry, I couldn't find anything about this in the program help or a search of these forums, and sifting through 15 pages of this thread is a nightmare!)

Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

I've got GSAK (registered) on our desktop PC, and would like to also have it on our laptop PC (both are XP). Is it possible to be registered on both machines? Is there an easy way to transfer the current databases from one copy to the new/empty one on the laptop? Or will I have to rebuild it? I can transfer files between the two by remote desktopping or via USB flash drives if necessary.

(Sorry, I couldn't find anything about this in the program help or a search of these forums, and sifting through 15 pages of this thread is a nightmare!)

Use the BACKUP function (FILE > BACKUP) to save your entire database & setup.

I suppose you're writing to me, JALBA alias KD5OM.

I have been tearing and reasembling PCs for 20 years and I chose SIIG because in the past, their stuff always worked the first time.

As I shared, I tested this cable installation with my Street Atlas mapping program and three different GPSs and it works on all three.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, re-mapped the com ports through the Properties Dialoge box.

I wish Garmin made a USB cable for the Etrexes.

Thank you for the fast reply.

Well, with 20 years in pc's you gotta know what you are doing. Sorry for the basic questions - gotta start somewhere. I have liked SIIG for a long time. Seems strange it works for others but not the Legend. Have you tried reinstalling GSAK. There was a previous person here that got it working after reinstalling GSAK.

OT but are you a HAM operator - KD5OM sounds like a call sign.

I will do the unistall/re-install of GSAK. I have no experience with a USB to RS-232 serial cable. I was curious just how well something like this might work. I also don't have a lot of experience with Windows XP but I'm learning. I will report on the findings.

The OSs get a bit more complicated with every release. I cut my teeth on LDOS & then MSDOS back in the days of the Z80. How things have changed!

I did find some very enlightening FAQs at:

http://www.bb-elec.com/technical_library.asp#RS232

Yes I'm a Ham. KD5OM. This makes my thirtieth year pounding brass. Go to http://www.kd5om.com

73s de Jerry KD5OM

Follow up on the USB to RS-232 9 pin serial problems.

I can not explain it. Today at 3 pm I hooked it all up once again and ran Garmin's software update to see if it would read the GPS and it did. Garmin's software utility has an "autodect" serial port feature and it found the GPS on com1 where the Device Manager was reporting com5? Go figure.

I started GSAK and setup for com1 and lickity-split, the transfer took place!

Note to Clyde: Please consider in future releases maybe the same "autodetect" com port feature as in Garmin's software update utility.

By the way, we have only been enjoying Geocaching for only about a month and wondered if there was a better way to enter waypoints. GSAK is definately the way to go. Good show Clyde.

Jerry alias KD5OM

Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

Along with the backup file, also copy over the FILTER.* files so any saved filters are transfered.

Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

I've got GSAK (registered) on our desktop PC, and would like to also have it on our laptop PC  . . .

Does this work if the program will be installed to a different partition on the laptop from the installed partition on the desktop?

Jalba - glad to hear it is working -

That's why I asked if you were sure you were on the right port and

that was what I was talking about with the port selection and why I asked you to change to Magellan so you could see them all.

Nice going -

my dad has been a ham since early 50's - k6uwo. Mostly on 6 meters and 2 meters.

designs and makes all his own equipment.

Edited by CompuCash
Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

Along with the backup file, also copy over the FILTER.* files so any saved filters are transfered.

and I would guess we'd have to copy the macro's too.

cc\

Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

No, this is not required. I can't remember exactly when but some time ago all filters were rolled into the general purpose file storage area (gsak.dbf)

This file is backed up whenever you tick the settings box, and restored when you tick the settings box.

Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

and I would guess we'd have to copy the macro's too.

cc\

Depends.

If you save all your macros to the "macro" folder in the installed folder of GSAK (recommended) then then all these files are saved and restored as part of your settings.

If you create you macros to another folder on the source computer, then yes you will need to copy them over manually.

I've got GSAK (registered) on our desktop PC, and would like to also have it on our laptop PC (both are XP). Is it possible to be registered on both machines?

Bottom line is that the GSAK license agreement (You know, that stupid thing that nobody reads but everyone accepts when installing GSAK) allows for the install and use of the GSAK registration on any computer you use.

However, This does not mean you can use your license key on your friend's/relative's computer so he/she can use it.

For another slant on this question please read this post

Forgotten or lost serial numbers can now be retrieved automatically from the GSAK web site here

Edited by ClydeE
Hi Clyde/GSAKers,

I've got GSAK (registered) on our desktop PC, and would like to also have it on our laptop PC  . . .

Does this work if the program will be installed to a different partition on the laptop from the installed partition on the desktop?

Yes.

When GSAK does the backup it does not record the drive/partition of the source computer. Restored files are always relative to the installation of GSAK.

For example, if you do a backup from your desktop that has GSAK installed to "c:\program files\GSAK" it is quite ok to restore this backup to your laptop that has GSAK installed to "d:\Some Folder\GSAK"

I have encountered an issue in GSAK that should probably be addressed concerning repeat logs.

There are two caches where I inadvertenly entered a 'found' log twice. Even after deleting the duplicate log, GSAK continues to double-count the cache on subsequent updates, so GSAK reports two more cache finds than I actually have. GSAK apparently cannot determine when a log entry has been "archived" and not count it in the found stats.

I have encountered an issue in GSAK that should probably be addressed concerning repeat logs.

There are two caches where I inadvertenly entered a 'found' log twice. Even after deleting the duplicate log, GSAK continues to double-count the cache on subsequent updates, so GSAK reports two more cache finds than I actually have. GSAK apparently cannot determine when a log entry has been "archived" and not count it in the found stats.

Unfortunately when a PQ is sent there is no indication that logs have been deleted.

In such cases you will need to delete the log manually.

The up coming version 5.2 makes this easier, as you can right mouse click on a cache and delete and indivdual log.

However, for the current version you will need to delete the cache and reload the current GPX file. (If you don't want to loose old logs, then the only current solution is to export this cache to a GPX file, delete the log manually by opening up the file in any text editor, then load the file back into GSAK)

Will you also be able to add new logs in a similar fashion in 5.2?

Say in the instance of I'm using GSAK to save all my found caches in a database. I'm going back over old finds, and since a PQ seems to only save the last 5 logs, if I was caching with a group at the time and wanted to save their logs, which are outdated now and past the 5 log limit. I could at least manually go to the cache page and copy the logs in from there.

Will you also be able to add new logs in a similar fashion in 5.2?

Say in the instance of I'm using GSAK to save all my found caches in a database. I'm going back over old finds, and since a PQ seems to only save the last 5 logs, if I was caching with a group at the time and wanted to save their logs, which are outdated now and past the 5 log limit. I could at least manually go to the cache page and copy the logs in from there.

No, Logs will have to wait for a later release. (You could get around this by updating a GPX file in a text editor then loading it into GSAK). However, 5.2 will allow you to update the Short description, Long Description, and the Hints.

:)

Hi all

Clyde - Thanks again for the software. I'm really starting to use some of the more "obscure" filters now that I'm getting really into the program. This question is only indirectly for you... (as in, you may know the answer, but the WWW is a really big place) :rolleyes:

I've now got my PQs set so that I get a big enough area to work from and am starting to use the GSAK "points" filter. I understand that one of the intended/possible uses of this filter is to enter in all of the freeway exits and then find caches within a certain distance of them.

So... Here's my question, is there a listing for coordinates of interstate intersections already available somewhere on the net (so I don't have to hand enter them)? If so, is it already in the format needed for GSAK? With intersection names commented in? (listed in order of desire) - Again, same as my last question, if not - that's OK... but then, should there be? :D

Thanks in advance!

Alan

I'll take this one for Clyde.

I have spent probably a few hundred hours scouring the U.S. (your profile says you're in the US) government databases for such things, ordered CDs of data from the Bureau of Transportation Statsistics, ripped apart Tiger sets, cracked open GIS databases, and such trying to find that data. While I can find some spotty stuff for a few states, I haven't found anything consistent or thourough enough to be usable. I shook this tree fairly hard when researching the 'caches along a route' problem.

I know of one vendor that has that data (Navteq) but their terms of use and pricing make it impossible to share and the pricing for even the demo ($50 for one county for 30 days) didn't fill me with hope that it was in my budget.

So I guess the short answer comes down to "no".

OK Robert

Thanks for the info

I'll take it from there...

So...

Next question...

If I'm putting together a repository of interstate intersections in the GSAK format for general public use and volunteer edit/update, should I post that here? (I haven't done it yet, but I see no reason not to.)

Alan

Edited by LeBuckZoo
If I'm putting together a repository of interstate intersections in the GSAK format for general public use and volunteer edit/update, should I post that here?  (I haven't done it yet, but I see no reason not to.)

This is getting OT for this thread, but it's something I've put a fair amount of thought and effort in to. See my previous posts at:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=88576

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=79230

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=80274

(The threads are longish and there's some rambling/whining in them, but I think there's a lot of important background to understand.)

If you're willing to seriously tackle it head-on, contact me.

There are ways to get that information, but it isn't automagic or elegant. Most mapping programs have it - my Legend has it, I think, and Mapopolis has it. It's just a matter of manually getting all the coordinates and typing them into something. It's not high on my list of priorities, and I suspect it never will be, so don't look for that database to be coming from me. But if you have lots of time on your hands, I'm sure lots of people would appreciate the data. BTW, there is no "GSAK format", just a number of formats that GSAK and other programs will accept. Degrees and decimal minutes, decimal degrees, or degrees,minutes,seconds will all work fine, and are easy enough to convert to each other.

Sorry about the OT start... maybe this should be moved to the "route" thread and continued. I'd already read that thread a while ago (and added a note). But hadn't seen any real movement along it recently, so was trying to figure out my own solution using GSAK.

Somehow I didn't connect the two!

BTW, Thanks for your thoughts and efforts on this subject. So, the question goes back to, can I help?

Alan

I'm trying to import an Ozi wpt file into GSAK. The first way I tried was to convert the wpt file to a txt file. However it seems that GSAK only opens loc and gpx formats.

Any ideas?

(I originally posted this as its own topic. I thought I was on this topic. Sorry!)

I'm trying to import an Ozi wpt file into GSAK. The first way I tried was to convert the wpt file to a txt file. However it seems that GSAK only opens loc and gpx formats.

Any ideas?

(I originally posted this as its own topic. I thought I was on this topic. Sorry!)

you are in the right place - but sorry I can't help you with your question -

do you hve a way to convert ozi to loc or gpx?

what about gps babble?

Any ideas?

(I originally posted this as its own topic.  I thought I was on this topic. Sorry!)

I would either download the file to my GPS with OZI and then upload the data into GSAK from the GPS or use 'Gartrax' which is available here: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/ozi/utilities.html

It converts most of the most popular formats to other most popular formats.

I downloaded GSAK last week and I'm trying it out. So far, I love the program and I expect I'll end up purchasing it when the trial period is up.

I've been having a problem with getting the filter settings to accomplish one thing I need. Specifically, I want a list of all the caches I haven't yet found, except those placed by one particular cache owner. No matter how I set things up, I don't get the listing I want. I'm sure it must be that I don't understand the "and/or" nature of the filter parameters. Can someone tell me how to get the listing I want?

Thanks,

Jean

I downloaded GSAK last week and I'm trying it out. So far, I love the program and I expect I'll end up purchasing it when the trial period is up.

I've been having a problem with getting the filter settings to accomplish one thing I need. Specifically, I want a list of all the caches I haven't yet found, except those placed by one particular cache owner. No matter how I set things up, I don't get the listing I want. I'm sure it must be that I don't understand the "and/or" nature of the filter parameters. Can someone tell me how to get the listing I want?

Thanks,

Jean

that should be easy -

first it is all not found - that should be easy for you -

then under place by but the guys name in there

then in the drop down box select does not contain -

it will give you all the caches you did not find that don't have joe's name on them

I used to do this myself for a guy who had a ton of caches out that were either a mess or they were archived.

/cc\

Edited by CompuCash

I am trying to find my geocaching.com id number. The method described in the GSAK help assumes I own, (have placed) a cache. http://gsak.net/help/hs7690.htm

I have not. How can I get this number?

Thanks

On edit: Someone found it for me, although I did not exactly follow how. So I am set. For the future, though it might be good to put a description with the above link for people who have not yet placed a cache.

Edited by Cheminer Will
I am trying to find my geocaching.com id number. The method described in the GSAK help assumes I own, (have placed) a cache. http://gsak.net/help/hs7690.htm

I have not. How can I get this number?

Thanks

On edit: Someone found it for me, although I did not exactly follow how. So I am set. For the future, though it might be good to put a description with the above link for people who have not yet placed a cache.

Thanks.

Yep, this one has been updated in version 5.2 (out soon) of the help.

Well, if you try it on your own name, maybe after shedding a little of the SARCASM, you will see that this does not work on your own user name.  Some one nice® did post the below to show everyone how to do it.

Just for anyone else that is trying this at home.

You don't have to click on the link of the user's name. If you just move the cursor over the name to where the link is and then look in the lower left corner of your browser you will see the URL for where you will go if you click the link.

If you click on your own name it will change the URL because it opens up your own page with a different view than what you get by clicking on someone else's name. So just hover, without clicking, over the name and you will see the original URL.

Hmm, I fail to see anything sarcastic about "Cardinal Red's" reply. I am sure that was not his intention.

It would seem to me that he purely came across a solution that he thought might be of some help and in essence left the door open for confirmation.

Edited by ClydeE
Well, if you try it on your own name, maybe after shedding a little of the SARCASM, you will see that this does not work on your own user name.  Some one nice® did post the below to show everyone how to do it.

Just for anyone else that is trying this at home.

You don't have to click on the link of the user's name. If you just move the cursor over the name to where the link is and then look in the lower left corner of your browser you will see the URL for where you will go if you click the link.

If you click on your own name it will change the URL because it opens up your own page with a different view than what you get by clicking on someone else's name. So just hover, without clicking, over the name and you will see the original URL.

Hmm, I fail to see anything sarcastic about "Cardinal Red's" reply. I am sure that was not his intention.

It would seem to me that he purely came across a solution that he thought might be of some help and in essence left the door open for confirmation.

Well, you might be right, Clyde, I may just be cranky this morning. But.. when someone starts a comment with "Wouldn't that make your" and then shouts in huge bold type?? If you contrast that with the answer linked to in my post above, you can see the difference. Certainly compared to the answers you provide here, Cardinal Red's "tone" surprised me.

On a better note, I do want to compliment you on your presence in this thread. As I am just starting to use GSAK and am sort of an older, non expert, computer user, I have been searching within the GSAK threads for answers. I find pretty much everything I am looking for, at least in this early stage, has already been asked and answered. Your prompt, polite and 'to the point' answers to all the questions are really appreciated.

Edited by Cheminer Will

Subject: Reconciling GSAK and geocaching.com

Clyde / Fellow GSAK Enthusiasts:

GSAK is an integral (read, "central and critical") component of my caching processes, and with recent developments, is poised to accomplish end-to-end functionality, allowing vast potential in process streamlining and automation.

I recently encountered a situation, and am wondering if there's any way I can leverage existing GSAK functionality to remedy it - but can't come up with how (because it's not a GSAK problem, per se).

First, some background: I run a handful of PQs to populate my "Found" DB in GSAK. I need 3 for CA (split up by dates) to keep within the 500-find PQ limit (until Jeremy provides that long-awaited "All Found Caches" query ;) ). I also run one for locationless, and the other states I've cached it. Collectively, this SHOULD return all my finds (with the exception of those that have been archived, of course).

So, I've been doing really good in keeping the two in-sync... as I log on gc.com, a PQ comes along and pushes this data out to GSAK - and all the counts have stayed in agreement.

However, within the last month or so - I seem to have "lost" a find: My gc.com count exceeds my GSAK count by 1, and I just can't seem to track it down. Silly, I know -- but annoying, as well.

Started at the top, I tried the "manual reconciliation" approach, walking down both lists one at a time (using the name filter in GSAK to speed the process). Going back several weeks, I still haven't come up with the discrepancy... though I suppose with enough persistence I will. Had to do something similar back in the day when I first started using GSAK, to create my original "Found" DB.

Anyone have any great ideas/tips/suggestions on solving this one? I've been thinking about trying to 'parse' the "All Cache Finds" listing on gc.com to pull out just cache names, import into Excel, run a custom CSV export from GSAK, import into Excel, and compare. That will probably work, but will take some effort on my part to parse the gc.com list as I'm not much of a coder.

Finally - I'm sure some with have suggestions that can prevent this problem from occuring in the future (e.g. marking caches "found" in GSAK when, or as part of, logging, etc) - and I'm interested in those thoughts, as well. Today's task, though, is to find that missing find. ;)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Billy

(aka SnoWake)

Do you replace all the logs each time you update or retain all previous logs?

GC.com will not send any archived caches to you in pocket queries, but still counts them as finds if you've found them. I believe GSAK just looks through the log entries you have downloaded to see if your ID is on any of the found logs. If you erased your logs in GSAK at some point, maybe the "missing" cache was archived?

Jon

I did search for information on this and could not find where it's been asked before, so here goes. I downloaded and installed GSAK yesterday and it appears to be working fine, except that the computer has slowed way down. I will exempt the GSAK folder from Norton Antivirus auto protect and see if that helps.

My current question is this:

GSAK installed to my XP identity only. It does not show up on my 13 year olds identity. If he wants to use GSAK on this computer, how do we do it? We have other programs set up to run for all 3 family members on this computer, but can't seem to get GSAK to do this.

Thanks

try logging in as admin -

most programs will load in the all users section - but if you are logged in and don't have complete admin rights in your account it will likely load as you described.

as a matter of fact very few programs are installed in my own account and not the all users area.

I have to say again that this sounds like an issue with your Windows setup.

/cc\

It's odd. Every program I have installed on this computer has either installed for all users or asked me during installation if I want to install it for all users. GSAK did neither. I am the administrator for the machine. I have seen mentioned before that there is an actual account called "Administrator" that is not seen on the login screen. I have never used that account for anything.

Now that GSAK is installed and loaded with databases only for my user account, is there anything I can do to fix that?

Thanks

Edited by Cheminer Will
I have been searching within the GSAK threads for answers

Just a follow up on this that some users may not be aware.

One of the problems with searching the forums is that the default search returns the topic only. When you do search on something like "GSAK and MapSource" (notice the use of and , using just "GSAK MapSource" will return 0 matches) you get the GSAK thread all right, but you get frustrated because there are 16 pages to wade through.

Well, you don't have to wade through all 16 pages, because with a very simple alteration to your search you can view just the posts that meet your search criteria. When doing a forum search, have a look at the "result type" (bottom right of search page), just select "show results as posts" to get this behaviour.

Note: unfortunately you can't restrict your search to just the GSAK thread. (but you can to just a particular forum) However, I think you will find this a lot better than looking at each post in the 16 pages.

Addendum: Much of what I have expounded here is the result of reading this thread

Edited by ClydeE
It's odd. Every program I have installed on this computer has either installed for all users or asked me during installation if I want to install it for all users. GSAK did neither. I am the administrator for the machine. I have seen mentioned before that there is an actual account called "Administrator" that is not seen on the login screen. I have never used that account for anything.

Now that GSAK is installed and loaded with databases only for my user account, is there anything I can do to fix that?

Thanks

very odd -

I see that Clyde ison the forum - maybe he wll have something to add.

It's odd.  Every program I have installed on this computer has either installed for all users or asked me during installation if I want to install it for all users.  GSAK did neither.  I am the administrator for the machine.  I have seen mentioned before that there is an actual account called "Administrator" that is not seen on the login screen.  I have never used that account for anything.

Thanks

If you want another user to use GSAK (and have their own settings) then just log on that user and install GSAK to another folder. If you want to be able to share the databases with them, then alter the database store via Tools=>Options=>General

If you just want the user to be able to use GSAK and share everything (databases and settings) just create a shortcut to the gsak.exe created when you installed GSAK under your profile.

Edited by ClydeE

Hi Clyde - not sure what happenned with this guy but GSAK has always installed in the all users area.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling help? Or is it registed (in registry) and will always install as it was primarily?

If you are logged in as X can you have a shorcut to a program in Y's area?

Never tried that but it seems illogical given the idea of this type of security.

/cc\

Hi Clyde - not sure what happenned with this guy but GSAK has always installed in the all users area.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling help? Or is it registed (in registry) and will always install as it was primarily?

If you are logged in as X can you have a shorcut to a program in Y's area?

Never tried that but it seems illogical given the idea of this type of security.

/cc\

The only thing GSAK stores in the registry is the install folder (all other GSAK settings are stored in the file GSAK.ini in the install folder of GSAK) so that when you do an upgrade you don't have to remember where you installed GSAK

As for the short cut thing - yes you would of course need the corresponding rights to be able to do this.

So the best shot may well be to do the uninstall and install again (no GSAK settings are lost when you uninstall)

thanks Clyde -

C Will - are you listening?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Clyde says you don't lose any setting but I'd suggest (as ALWAYS) do a back up with all your setting and save it somewhere other than under the GSAK folder.

what version are you using?

/cc\

If you want another user to use GSAK (and have their own settings) then just log on that user and install GSAK to another folder. If you want to be able to share the databases with them, then alter the database store via Tools=>Options=>General

If you just want the user to be able to use GSAK and share everything (databases and settings) just create a shortcut to the gsak.exe created when you installed GSAK under your profile.

I'm listening, but as I am not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination, I am not completely sure of what I am hearing.

I don't think I just want to install another copy of GSAK to a folder on his identity because wouldn't we then need to purchase for both users to get nag screens to go away? If not, then I could copy the zipped folder to his account and do a second install there. I don't want him to share my databases and think it would be good for him to learn to manage his own. Then he could keep me from having to ask all these questions here! He is already saving up for his own GPSr, so he will be the expert in the family soon anyway.

As for the other suggestion, if I uninstall and reinstall, won't it just install the same way it did the first time? Maybe if I gave his account temporary administrative privileges while I installed it again on my account, it would work. But I am not sure the reasoning there is logical, computer wise.

I can back up my databases easily enough first. Will this save my settings like home coordinates etc.?

edit: I just started with it yesterday, so the version is 5.1.4

Edited by Cheminer Will

I'm listening, but as I am not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination, I am not completely sure of what I am hearing.

I don't think I just want to install another copy of GSAK to a folder on his identity because wouldn't we then need to purchase for both users to get nag screens to go away? If not, then I could copy the zipped folder to his account and do a second install there. I don't want him to share my databases and think it would be good for him to learn to manage his own. Then he could keep me from having to ask all these questions here! He is already saving up for his own GPSr, so he will be the expert in the family soon anyway.

As for the other suggestion, if I uninstall and reinstall, won't it just install the same way it did the first time? Maybe if I gave his account temporary administrative privileges while I installed it again on my account, it would work. But I am not sure the reasoning there is logical, computer wise.

I can back up my databases easily enough first. Will this save my settings like home coordinates etc.?

edit: I just started with it yesterday, so the version is 5.1.4

Strictly speaking the GSAK license is for the USER and not the computer. This allows you, the user to install and run GSAK on any computer YOU use (home, work, laptop). So, technically, each user must have their own registration number.

However, it does become a bit of a grey area when family members are using the same computer. What I really object to is sharing of registration numbers (For example, giving your registration number to your son who lives in another house and has his own computer) So for the moment, let us forget about the legal stuff and I will just point out that your serial number will work on your computer no matter how many users or directories you install it to.

And to answer the second question - yes, all settings (sticky dialog settings, filters, views, locations, custom urls, etc) are backed up when you tick the "save settings" box when doing a backup.

However, within the last month or so - I seem to have "lost" a find:  My gc.com count exceeds my GSAK count by 1, and I just can't seem to track it down.  Silly, I know -- but annoying, as well.

I've had the same thing happen - tracked it down to a cache I'd logged twice - gc.com will count it twice, GSAK once. I believe that this will still happen when the coordinates and name of the cache have been changed - as long as the cache ID # is the same GSAK will only see it as one find.