GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

ClydeE

Let me know what you think.

Looks interesting, but I can't get it to work.

I added the code to my list of Custom URLs, but when I right-click and select google maps, I get one of your webpages with text explaining how it works, and no map.

Did I miss something?

[edit]

Let me be more specific. A grey box appears where it seems there should be a map, but nothing is there. I can even "scroll" around the map, I think--even though I can't see anything. I'm running Windows ME and IE6.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z

Newbie to GSAK and wanting to use it with TomTom/CacheMate on my Palm. I have a few questions:

1) How do I get the TomTom POI exported files onto the palm so TomTom can see it? Do I have to use Card Export or an SD reader to manually copy the OV2 file to the card? Palm "Quick Install" won't install the OV2 file since it's not recognized.

2) When exporting a CacheMate File, can I export by different categories (or even a filtered list). For example, is there a way to only export "not found" caches?

3) If I want to use GSAK on two computers, what files (or directory) do I need to copy to transfer the settings and databases?

4) How does the offline HTML database get updated? This is a very cool feature, but I wasn't sure how to keep the database up-to-date.

5) Any possibility of direct Palm uploading of the various formats (TomTom, cachemate ...etc) in the near future?

Thanks!

John

Edited by robotman
2) When exporting a CacheMate File, can I export by different categories (or even a filtered list).  For example, is there a way to only export "not found" caches?

You can achieve this by filtering your finds then export to CacheMate (File/Export/Cachemate PDB file...).

Choose a file name such as 'Found' or 'Not Found' etc..

In CacheMate create a category called 'Found', 'Not Found' etc.

Hotsynch your Palm then run CacheMate. When it asks import the 'Found' file into the 'Found' category of Cachemate.

3) If I want to use GSAK on two computers, what files (or directory) do I need to copy to transfer the settings and databases?

'Backup' your database and select settings. Transfer the produced zip file to the other PC and 'Restore' the file.

4) How does the offline HTML database get updated?  This is a very cool feature, but I wasn't sure how to keep the database up-to-date.

Historical data is maintained by GSAK provided you don't select "Clear Database before loading" when you import *.gpx files. Over a period of time your database will grow and include all the *.gpx data you want to keep.

5) Any possibility of direct Palm uploading of the various formats (TomTom, cachemate ...etc) in the near future?

GSAK already does this for CacheMate exports. Select 'File/Export/CacheMate PDB File...". I don't know about TomTom as I've never used it.

HTH

Historical data is maintained by GSAK provided you don't select "Clear Database before loading" when you import *.gpx files. Over a period of time your database will grow and include all the *.gpx data you want to keep.

GSAK already does this for CacheMate exports. Select 'File/Export/CacheMate PDB File...". I don't know about TomTom as I've never used it.

HTH

Thanks for all the info! I didn't understand the filter function. If I understand things correctly, basically you can set what you want to see (and thus export) in the main screen. So that's neat... you can have ALL your cache info in one program, but only export the stuff you need to go find new caches.

4. Not sure if I explained my question correctly. If you split the main screen of GSAK, on the bottom appears an offline copy of the webpage for the highlighted cache. I was wondering how does this offline database of webpages get updated?

5. I was asking if there's any possibility that GSAK will be able to directly HotSync to the Palm. The problem with TomTom files is that you can't hotsync them and have to manually transfer the files to the card with Card Export or a SD Card Reader (see question #1). If GSAK could directly write files to the Palm, it would make things even more seamless.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!

John

As a partial answer to your question, #5 . . .

I'm desparately trying to figure out GSAK, and I know very little, however I have succeeded in sending a .pdb file created in GSAK through the HotSync to my Palm using the "Export" menu.

However, it only chooses two of the waypoints, not all of them shown on my screen . . . so I still need to iron out that wrinkle. :(

Thanks for all the info!  I didn't understand the filter function.  If I understand things correctly, basically you can set what you want to see (and thus export) in the main screen.  So that's neat... you can have ALL your cache info in one program, but only export the stuff you need to go find new caches.

Yes, that's the crux of it - GSAK can hold all of your data and you just filter what you wish to see and/or upload.

4. Not sure if I explained my question correctly.  If you split the main screen of GSAK, on the bottom appears an offline copy of the webpage for the highlighted cache.  I was wondering how does this offline database of webpages get updated?

Each time you load a GPX file (or a LOC) GSAK 'adds' the info to your database (provided you don't select the delete all data option as mentioned previously). Hence the split screen shows the off-line data that you have so far accumulated.

5. I was asking if there's any possibility that GSAK will be able to directly HotSync to the Palm.  The problem with TomTom files is that you can't hotsync them and have to manually transfer the files to the card with Card Export or a SD Card Reader (see question #1).  If GSAK could directly write files to the Palm, it would make things even more seamless.

You can export the files from GSAK to a card reader - just select the appropriate removeable drive from the 'File to create pull down menu in the relevant 'Export' window.

Let me be more specific. A grey box appears where it seems there should be a map, but nothing is there. I can even "scroll" around the map, I think--even though I can't see anything. I'm running Windows ME and IE6.

Hmmm. I didn't try testing with IE6 at all - just with Firefox cause that's what I use. On further reading of the Standalone Hack page, I see this little note:

Update: ...or not, as the case may be. Yeah, apparently this is b0rked in IE, so I need to look into that... Mozilla/Firefox should work fine though. If you want to debug it for me, feel free. :-)

So... that's probably your problem. Sorry about that; I'll keep messing with it to see if I can figure out how to make it work with IE. At any rate, this was more of a geeky little demonstration than anything - I'm sure Google will be disabling the direct access hacks that are used for it any time now.

-p

Hmmm. I didn't try testing with IE6 at all - just with Firefox cause that's what I use. . . .

And I didn't even try 'cause Google maps don't work with the Opera browser. :(

Sorry, Kai Team . . .

Here's a question for you :(

Instead of going out on a gorgeous 75-degree day today, I played with GSAK . . . and played and played with it.

I think I finally have a bit of a handle on how it works.

However, why is the distance off from my home coordinates?

A cache I know to be about 10 miles away in a somewhat SW direction is stated by GSAK as being 34.4 miles away. Another one that is in the opposite direction is listed as being 24.7 miles away. As the crow flies, I think it is less than ten miles away.

I've tried different permutations of the coordinates and this is the closest I've gotten . . . :(

What have I done wrong?

Edit for grammar . . . Doh!

Edited by idiosyncratic
And wandering further off topic by the moment

Well no. I was using Google Maps in conjunction with GSAK to produce a map of a cache--you know the custom URL feature?

A bit of a grey area but I think the point Kai Team is making is that this link by itself is not a GSAK issue.

Having it as a custom URL in GSAK is fine and this thread is the right place to let people know about the existence of it. However, problems with the actual link may be best discussed in another thread.

Don’t get me wrong, I applaud the ingenuity of users generating custom URLs for GSAK, but as the thread does tend to get quite large and move quickly, I would prefer discussion is kept to issues of a GSAK nature.

Edited by ClydeE
A cache I know to be about 10 miles away in a somewhat SW direction is stated by GSAK as being 34.4 miles away. Another one that is in the opposite direction is listed as being 24.7 miles away. As the crow flies, I think it is less than ten miles away.

I've tried different permutations of the coordinates and this is the closest I've gotten . . . :(

What have I done wrong?

Edit for grammar . . . Doh!

This distance column (kms/miles) shows the distance this waypoint is from your current centre point. A centre point can be a cache, a location (home for example), or a post code.

It is not enough to just set your Home coordinates, you need to tell GSAK to set this location as your centre point. Your current centre point name is shown in the status bar at the bottom So from the main menu click on "Centre Point=>Home" (don't question the spelling of centre - dumb aussie here :( ) or click on the picture of "home" in your tool bar.

If you have in fact got home as your centre point, then it would seem you have entered the coordinates incorrectly for home. Just show us what you have here and I am sure someone will be able to sort out the problem.

Edited by ClydeE

Hello all,

Just got GSAK set up and running. What a great program! I thought I'd post and see if anyone can help me with uploading the data into Fugawi so that the WP caption is set to none. What I've been doing before PQs is manually entering the cache name data in Fugawi's name field & comment field and then setting the caption to "none". What this does on my laptop map is display the cache icons without the name which clutters the map up when zoomed out. If I move the cursor over a cache icon only then does the name appear...

So my big question is if there is any way for GSAK to export to Fugawi and set all the WP captions to none automatically?

It says "Centre Point=Home" and the miles are still off. :(

I put in my coordinates like this:

Home,32.43865,-116.46517

EDIT to add coordinate info . . . :(

I think you may have got your home co-ords wrong in some way.

I've entered your co-ords into Mapquest and get this Mapquest Map

What are the GCxxxx codes of the caches near to you that you mentioned earlier?

Edited to add MapQuest link.

Edited by Motley Crew
So my big question is if there is any way for GSAK to export to Fugawi and set all the WP captions to none automatically?

I think what you want to do is set the "Cache description format" in the "Export to Fugawi" screen to nothing (leave it blank) but I haven't tried this myself.

Edit: Ignore the above.

In Fugawi the comment will appear on the screen when the pointer is over the waypoint so you want to have GSAK setup to have want you want displayed in the "Cache description format" in the "Export to Fugawi" screen . Then in Fugawi under the "Settings" menu select "Waypoint" and set the "Caption" to "None"

Edited by PDOP's

Home,32.43865,-116.46517

EDIT to add coordinate info . . . ;)

;) Wow! How have I been able to find geocaches if I've had my GPSr set incorrectly? ;)

I just changed the coordinate format in Mapsource and put those coordinates in for Home and now everything is looking fine in GSAK. :D

:( I'm not sure about my GPSr now . . . :D

I'm sure getting an education. Thanks for all you guy's patience. *bows down obsequiously*

This cache is probably the closest to my home coordinates. I'm guessing it is about seven miles away in a SW direction.

N32° 42.924 W116° 50.824

GSAK says it is 29.8 NW . . . :(

It'd would have been quicker if you had given the GCxxxx code as requested :( , but - it seems that your 'Home co-ords' are about 30 miles from the quoted cache location - Travel Bug Hotel by Abercrombie Bob' located in California.

How did you 'deduce' your home co-ords? The discrepency seems to be far to big for it to be a GSAK problem!

What is your post code? Perhaps we can pull in your home c0-ords using that (I'm located in the UK so can't promise to get a result though).

Home,32.43865,-116.46517

EDIT to add coordinate info . . . ;)

;) Wow! How have I been able to find geocaches if I've had my GPSr set incorrectly? ;)

I just changed the coordinate format in Mapsource and put those coordinates in for Home and now everything is looking fine in GSAK. :D

:( I'm not sure about my GPSr now . . . :D

I'm sure getting an education. Thanks for all you guy's patience. *bows down obsequiously*

Ah well, a satisfactory result - pleased you got it sorted - good night :)

This cache is probably the closest to my home coordinates. I'm guessing it is about seven miles away in a SW direction.

N32° 42.924  W116° 50.824

GSAK says it is 29.8 NW . . . :D

It'd would have been quicker if you had given the GCxxxx code as requested :( , but - it seems that your 'Home co-ords' are about 30 miles from the quoted cache location - Travel Bug Hotel by Abercrombie Bob' located in California.

How did you 'deduce' your home co-ords? The discrepency seems to be far to big for it to be a GSAK problem!

What is your post code? Perhaps we can pull in your home c0-ords using that (I'm located in the UK so can't promise to get a result though).

;) Me . . . follow directions . . . it's a wonder I can find Geocaches. :(

Yes, you are right. That was GCHPEK, the Travel Bug Hotel. Sorry about making things so difficult. ;)

I'm sure this isn't supposed to be this complicated . . . ;)

Thanks for the help . . . Good night!

I think what you want to do is set the "Cache description format" in the "Export to Fugawi" screen to nothing (leave it blank) but I haven't tried this myself.

Edit: Ignore the above.

In Fugawi the comment will appear on the screen when the pointer is over the waypoint so you want to have GSAK setup to have want you want displayed in the "Cache description format" in the "Export to Fugawi" screen . Then in Fugawi under the "Settings" menu select "Waypoint" and set the "Caption" to "None"

Thank you very much Pdop's! Got it to omit the cache name and mark caches with a unique icon on that same setting menu. :lol:

How do I set my home coordinates in GSAK in the N 38 52.610 W104 41.995 format (same format used on geocaching.com)? Since most of the people here are using that site, wouldn't be better if the default/sample home coordinates in GSAK were set to this format as an example? It would make it easier to just change them to our coordinates. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Scott

How do I set my home coordinates in GSAK in the N 38 52.610 W104 41.995 format (same format used on geocaching.com)? Since most of the people here are using that site, wouldn't be better if the default/sample home coordinates in GSAK were set to this format as an example? It would make it easier to just change them to our coordinates. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Scott

Go to "Tools", "Options", "Locations" and add"

Home,N38 52.610,W104 41.995

Just copy and paste last line and you're all set

Scott

Select /Tools/Options/Locations.

then add ...

Home, N38 52.610, W104 41.995

to the list.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a way to select how many caches to include in an output file? For example, if I wanted to just output 500 to my GPSr?

--Dave

Here's one way to do it ...

Filter to the criteria you want.

Then select 'User Flags' then select 'Set for nn records' replacing the nn with the number of your choice.

Then filter on 'User Flag set' before exporting to your GPSr.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a way to select how many caches to include in an output file? For example, if I wanted to just output 500 to my GPSr?

The steps as shown by Motley Crew will work for any generic export.

However, when exporting to your GPSr it is even easier as you have a From and To box you can use to select the number of waypoints to send.

The From and To are in the order of your current sort sequence.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a way to select how many caches to include in an output file?  For example, if I wanted to just output 500 to my GPSr?

--Dave

Here's one way to do it ...

Filter to the criteria you want.

Then select 'User Flags' then select 'Set for nn records' replacing the nn with the number of your choice.

Then filter on 'User Flag set' before exporting to your GPSr.

Thanks for the answer, guys.

--Dave

I'm a fairly new cacher and I just downloaded GSAK, I was using EasyGPS before. So far I'm fairly impressed with the features and am thinking of paying to keep it. A few questions so far though... I'm tried to scan through the help files and this thread to see if they've been asked already, so sorry if I'm repeating someone.

I used the .loc file from my EasyGPS to create the database in GSAK, of course I'm missing information. Is there a way to get GSAK to "fill in the blanks?" Perhaps an automated way to download the .gpx files for them? It would actually be nice to have a way to update a cache already in .gpx, to look at new logs. Otherwise all I can figure to do it is to go through each record one by one, display online, and download the .gpx.

Is there a quick way to search Geocaching.com for caches near a waypoint on GSAK? Your home location, for example? All I can find so far is to display online, which sends you to mapquest if the record is not an actual cache.

Finally, are the waypoint symbols that were on EasyGPS and my Garmin Legend available on GSAK? So far I've only found the Geocache related symbols.

Hopefully that will keep me for a bit, thanks alot!

MacFarlane

.loc files have only the cache name, code, and lat/lon. For the rest, you have to get .gpx files via pocket queries. Once you get a pocket query and open it in GSAK, all the information, including the logs present, will be imported into GSAK. You can download individual .gpx files from geocaching.com if you're a premium member, but that's the hard way to do it. GSAK will accept them however you get them. Set up a pocket query, though, and make sure you select .zip format. GSAK will open the .zip file directly, no need to unzip it if you don't want to. You can drag-and-drop or select the File Open menu in GSAK, and select either a single file or an entire folder of files, either .gpx, .zip, or both.

In GSAK, you put in your home coordinates, and any other coordinates you like, and you can easily make any of those the center location. You do this via the Centre Point menu. Make sure you delete the # at the beginning of the line, because this marks the line as a comment (this is pretty standard). For home, you just click on the house icon on the toolbar, and the caches are automatically sorted by distance from the home location you entered. If you want them sorted on another location, you just select it in the Centre Points menu. Or you can set GSAK so that double-clicking on any cache will make it the center, and show all caches sorted by distance from it.

You can use any of the standard Garmin icons. You select the ones you want on the dialog that comes up when you select Send to GPS. The ones listed are the defaults, but you can change them.

I've just started using Plucker as a PDA browser. I've experimented with GPXSpinner and exporting HTML files from GSAK to use as the input into Plucker desktop. Plucker takes the output files from GPXSPinner no problem and is reasonably fast in creating the file to load to the PDA no matter the size of the GPX file. With GSAK the html export seems to work okay for small databases (< 50 waypoints) but for a larger one (~400) I run into trouble.

Just to be clear, the GSAK export works well for every database. It is quick and appears to finish fine and the generated html pages work on the computer. But for the larger database the Plucker desktop can't seem to deal with the output files from GSAK. Plucker starts up okay but then seems to go in fits and starts. It then gets REALLY slow and finally after 30 - 60 minutes I shut it down. I've tried changing the settings from GSAK so it only indexes by name and code and puts the hint on the same page. Again, to be clear, If I take the GPX file that I used to create/load into the GSAK database and run it through GPXSpinner, Plucker has no trouble with it.

But the power of GSAK over GPX Spinner appears to be the ability to generate all kinds of search criteria and I would prefer to use GSAK (since I use it for everything else). Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong with my GSAK html export that this is so slow?

I have been using EasyGPS for the short time I have been Geocaching. I just decided to try this program. It looks very nice. It seems to have a lot of feature which can make it somewhat confusing.

I quickly skimmed through the rest of the posts so I hope I'm not asking the same old questions.

At the current time I'm not a Premium member of Geocaching.com, so the files I download are .LOC format. Which I understand does not include a lot of the information that is available to Premium members. Is there a way to mass edit fields, such as with a .LOC file all the caches come up as question marks "other". Is there a way to change them all to "Traditional Caches" without editing each line?

Also when you select data lock for a waypoint, that means if you open up more waypoints from another .LOC file which might also include the same waypoint which is locked, it will not change any of your current values in the database, correct?

When sending the waypoints to my GPS there is a field which says Waypoint Description Format: %Name by %By. Is this feature only able to be used by premium member which get GPX files? All I get on my GPS is the CGXXXX showing, even when the cache is selected. Should the actual name and hider show as well, it is visable in the database from the .LOC file, which is why I'm confused it does not show in the GPS.

I have a Garmin Legend and using GSAK 5.1.3 Build 11

Edited by elgecko

The majority of your questions can be answered by saying "yes, that information is missing because it's not in the LOC format."

When you lock a record, that keeps it from being overwritten by later downloads.

As far as making changes to several records at once, what you need to do is utilize the User Flag and one of the default filters. The default listing of records includes a checkbox as the second field in each record. This is the User Flag. Click the box to check it for all the records you want to edit. Once you have them all checked, go to the Select a Saved Filter dropdown in the toolbar and choose the "user flag=set" filter. This should filter the records so that only the ones you've checked are displayed. Now, go to the Database menu and choose "Global Replace...". Choose the field to replace (in this case, Cache Type) and then "Traditional" in the "With" dropdown, and click "Replace."

You can download the GPX format records cache by cache as well, if you've got all day to do it. :)

Hope that helped.

Is there a way to mass edit fields, such as with a .LOC file all the caches come up as question marks "other". Is there a way to change them all to "Traditional Caches" without editing each line?

To 'mass edit' you can use the 'Database/Global Replace' option.

Also when you select data lock for a waypoint, that means if you open up more waypoints from another .LOC file which might also include the same waypoint which is locked, it will not change any of your current values in the database, correct?

Correct.

When sending the waypoints to my GPS there is a field which says Waypoint Description Format: %Name by %By. Is this feature only able to be used by premium member which get GPX files? All I get on my GPS is the CGXXXX showing, even when the cache is selected. Should the actual name and hider show as well, it is visable in the database from the .LOC file, which is why I'm confused it does not show in the GPS. I have a Garmin Legend and using GSAK 5.1.3 Build 11

The Garmin Legend can only accept a 10 letter waypoint name and it has no 'notes' field. Therefore you cannot load the %name by %by description. There are ways to improve make the waypoint name more descriptive in the 10 character limit - e.g. using the %drop2 tag will remove the useless 'GC' from the waypoint name which will then allow you to add further tags to fill in your remianing 6 characters.

HTH

The4B's, there are some things that can speed things up for you. First, limit Plucker to a spidering depth of 3, and restrict it to the directory. If you don't put a restriction, it goes to every website linked on the cache page, and this can take a long time. For about 500 caches, the file size increases from about 4 MB to almost 12 MB just by changing from restricting to the directory to no limitation. 3 times the size can mean more than 3 times as long to process.

Second, try Sunrise Desktop for the conversion. It's much faster than Plucker, and easier to configure. You still use the Plucker viewer on the Palm to read the files.

Third, restrict the number of indices you're generating. If you don't need the file indexed by hider, travel bugs, or any other index, then uncheck it. The Cache Density index in particular seems to take a long time to generate, so if you don't need that you can speed things up a little. Also you may want to limit the number of nearest caches to be displayed.

A combination of all these should help you at least a little.

The4B's, there are some things that can speed things up for you. First, limit Plucker to a spidering depth of 3, and restrict it to the directory. If you don't put a restriction, it goes to every website linked on the cache page, and this can take a long time. For about 500 caches, the file size increases from about 4 MB to almost 12 MB just by changing from restricting to the directory to no limitation. 3 times the size can mean more than 3 times as long to process.

Second, try Sunrise Desktop for the conversion. It's much faster than Plucker, and easier to configure. You still use the Plucker viewer on the Palm to read the files.

Third, restrict the number of indices you're generating. If you don't need the file indexed by hider, travel bugs, or any other index, then uncheck it. The Cache Density index in particular seems to take a long time to generate, so if you don't need that you can speed things up a little. Also you may want to limit the number of nearest caches to be displayed.

A combination of all these should help you at least a little.

:) Thank you. I will try all of the above. Experience is a wonderful thing to tap into, isn't it.

Thanks for the info Pasha and Motley Crew.

1 more question I can think of: Is it possible when you have the split screen set up that the selected waypoint in the top part of the page automatically loads the web page in the lower part of the split screen without having to click on the link? I guess I'm a little lazy. :lol:

Second, try Sunrise Desktop for the conversion.  It's much faster than Plucker, and easier to configure.  You still use the Plucker viewer on the Palm to read the files.

Holy Cow! Is it ever faster! No comparison. :lol: Thanks for the tip. So now I'm set up with GSAK for exporting html, Sunrise for PDA file generation, and Plucker on the PDA for the viewer.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know if you need to clear out the folder that GSAK exports all the html files to everytime you do an export? Or does it do whatever it needs to do so that Sunrise will work properly.

2. Sunrise does not automatically place the output file in the necessary spot for the Hotsync. I need to track it down and "install" it with the Palm desktop installation tool. Can Sunrise place it whereever it needs to be so it is ready right away for the Hotisync. Not a big deal but one less step would be nice.

Thanks.

Edited by The4B's

1. GSAK automatically overwrites the html files each time you export, so you don't need to worry about it.

2. Sunrise will queue the file for hotsync for you. Open the document for editing, go to the Output page, and click the Add button to add a destination. Then select the radio button for Hotsync. I generate my files directly to my SD card, which is quicker than hotsyncing, but it's a matter of preference. The files need to go to the /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory if you send them directly to the card in your cardreader. You have lots of flexibility with the Output options, and you can have as many as you like. I generally output both to a directory on my hard disk and my card, just as a backup, and it takes almost no extra time to write it to the HD. You can send it to all three places, or more, if you like. Plucker Desktop does the same thing.

2. Sunrise will queue the file for hotsync for you. Open the document for editing, go to the Output page, and click the Add button to add a destination. Then select the radio button for Hotsync.

Hmmm..... That's the way it's set up. A little more exploring is in order, I guess.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the info Pasha and Motley Crew.

1 more question I can think of: Is it possible when you have the split screen set up that the selected waypoint in the top part of the page automatically loads the web page in the lower part of the split screen without having to click on the link? I guess I'm a little lazy. :lol:

No, currently split screen view defaults to offline version of the cache and currently you can't change this (other than clicking on the link)

(Geez, gotta watch what button I push.. started a new thread for this one by mistake.)

Clyde, a request for you. Definitely low priority, as it applies to probably less than 10% of the GSAK userbase.

How about a way to support multiple GPSes for sending waypoints as opposed to having to reconfigure for a different one?

Right now I have GSAK configured to support my Garmin 60CS, which I populate with 990 waypoints from GSAK. I then crank up EasyGPS to update the Rino 130.

This works just fine, so for GSAK purposes this might be a "neat-o" or "gee-whiz" request. Would be nice to just use GSAK though. :(

(Geez, gotta watch what button I push.. started a new thread for this one by mistake.)

Clyde, a request for you.  Definitely low priority, as it applies to probably less than 10% of the GSAK userbase.

How about a way to support multiple GPSes for sending waypoints as opposed to having to reconfigure for a different one?

Right now I have GSAK configured to support my Garmin 60CS, which I populate with 990 waypoints from GSAK.  I then crank up EasyGPS to update the Rino 130.

This works just fine, so for GSAK purposes this might be a "neat-o" or "gee-whiz" request.  Would be nice to just use GSAK though. :(

GSAK already supports this now! :(

When you send waypoints to your 60cs just click on the "Save" button and give the settings a meaningful name ("60CS" is hard to fault)

Now change all the settings and/or icons for your Rino 130 and when you send waypoints to it also click on the "Save" button and give these settings the name of "Rino 130" or similar

Now when ever you take the option to send waypoints to any GPSr just select the required saved setting from the drop down list. These settings contain all your icon setup (including overrides), GPS model, port, speed, etc. and you can have as many saved settings as you like.

Edited by ClydeE

Clyde, a request for you.  Definitely low priority, as it applies to probably less than 10% of the GSAK userbase.

Right now I have GSAK configured to support my Garmin 60CS, which I populate with 990 waypoints from GSAK.  I then crank up EasyGPS to update the Rino 130.

This works just fine, so for GSAK purposes this might be a "neat-o" or "gee-whiz" request.  Would be nice to just use GSAK though. :ninja:

GSAK already supports this now! :ninja:

When you send waypoints to your 60cs just click on the "Save" button and give the settings a meaningful name ("60CS" is hard to fault)

Now change all the settings and/or icons for your Rino 130 and when you send waypoints to it also click on the "Save" button and give these settings the name of "Rino 130" or similar

Now when ever you take the option to send waypoints to any GPSr just select the required saved setting from the drop down list. These settings contain all your icon setup (including overrides), GPS model, port, speed, etc. and you can have as many saved settings as you like.

works great - You da man Clyde!