GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

ClydeE

1) CacheMate "Import" capability into GSAK - so we get the timestamp, brief notes, and most importantly, for those of us with failing memories -- a complete list of found caches, without relying on pen/paper.

I'm not sure if you are aware but CacheMate (CM) already provides much of this functionality. (Apologies if you already know but others may be unaware and may find the following helpful).

Each time a cache is logged as 'Found' CM moves it to its 'Temp' category and timestamps it.

At the end of a days caching it's then a simple job to select 'Export Logs' and CM generates a memo pad entry for each found cache (the user can select the category to put these memos in). The memos are in chronological order and all the user notes are there.

When these memos are hot-synced to the PC they can be copy and pasted into GSAK's 'Log Section'.

Not complete auomation but pretty darn good and a great time saver.

Edited for clarity.

Just for information, after reading this message I checked GpxSonar (Pocket PC) and it does the same thing. I thought those of you with Pocket PC might like to know.

Question for Clyde or anyone else that might know.

I had this problem before and Clyde gave me the answer to fix it but I can't find the post. I had to reformat my hard drive and reload GSAK. I have a registered version. When I launch GSAK, it just hangs on the opening screen. Clyde told me how to fix it, but I can't remember how. Please help. We want to go caching today.

Thanks.

Boyd

I had this problem before and Clyde gave me the answer to fix it but I  can't find the post.  I had to reformat my hard drive and reload GSAK.  I have a registered version.  When I launch GSAK, it just hangs on the opening screen.  Clyde told me how to fix it, but I can't remember how.  Please help.  We want to go caching today.

Thanks.

Boyd

Markwell

When downloading caches from geocaching.com, is there a way to have the waypoint name show up in GSAK instead of the cache ID#? Or is this a premi feature?

As Tzoid said, the description name should display if you are loading gpx files. I suspect that you must be stuck with loc files, which have much less information. As you implied, an upgrade to premium status is probably the solution you need.

Edited by embra

I had this problem before and Clyde gave me the answer to fix it but I  can't find the post.  I had to reformat my hard drive and reload GSAK.  I have a registered version.  When I launch GSAK, it just hangs on the opening screen.  Clyde told me how to fix it, but I can't remember how.  Please help.  We want to go caching today.

Thanks.

Boyd

Markwell

Just adding to that, I am starting to think the prime suspect of this problem is virus scanning software. I get the feeling if you disable "real time protection", this will fix the problem.

Once GSAK is up and running I would enable it again, but on some systems it still runs a bit slow with "real time protection". In such cases I would at least exempt the file "gsak.ini", but would recommend you exempt the whole installation folder of GSAK.

A question for anybody that is familiar with this?

I was just messing with different types of codes to send to my gps as waypoint name. I read in the help file this short paragraph

The tags %name, %by, %con, %typ, %smart, %hint, %crypt, %user, %dif, %ter also support the format %tag=nn. Where nn is the number of characters to include. For example %typ=3 would only include the first 3 characters of the container type, so that a "Multi Cache" would be translated to "Mul"

So I'm trying to send this code to my gps

%drop2%typ1%con1 %Dif=1%Ter=1

by the description above I should only be getting one letter (#) for the difficulty and terrain. Currently though its loading as a 2 digit difficulty and 2 digit terrain. Is there something basic that I'm missing.

Edited by top pin
A question for anybody that is familiar with this?

I was just messing with different types of codes to send to my gps as waypoint name. I read in the help file this short paragraph

The tags %name, %by, %con, %typ, %smart, %hint, %crypt, %user, %dif, %ter also support the format %tag=nn. Where nn is the number of characters to include. For example %typ=3 would only include the first 3 characters of the container type, so that a "Multi Cache" would be translated to "Mul"

So I'm trying to send this code to my gps 

%drop2%typ1%con1 %Dif=1%Ter=1

by the description above I should only be getting one letter (#) for the difficulty and terrain. Currently though its loading as a 2 digit difficulty and 2 digit terrain. Is there something basic that I'm missing.

Looks like you have found a bug with the combination %Dif=1%Ter=1 (hard up along side each other). If you place a space (or any other character) between them it will work. For example, %dif=1/%ter=1

I will fix this in the next maintenance release. However, if you are trying to reduce the territory and terrain to just one character I do suggest you take a look at the tags %dif1, %ter1, %dif1a, and %ter1a. These tags reduce difficulty and terrain down to one character, but with the added benefit you can still determine the half stars.

Edited by ClydeE
When I run this macro

REPLACE Settings="Clear User Sort"

from a toolbar button GSAK successfully executes the replace, then hangs and has to be killed from Task Manager.

If the same macro is run from File|Run Macro it works fine, as do other macros run from toolbar buttons.

I'd send debug info, but GSAK is hung...

Thanks. Yes, I can duplicate this behaviour. I will fix in the next maintenance release.

but I guess all I can ask is that you somehow find a solution that enables the use of a "non matching" path to the "local" files since this enables a key feature of Memory Map.

Poking around I guess this solution would be to look for xref.txt in the directory identified in the edtHtmFolder key in the [TfmHtml] section of the gsak.ini file instead of using what the user typed in the "Use local URL" field. Thinking about it this makes sense since that SHOULD be where the user last sent their HTML files :huh:

Just to wrap up this sub-thread for the public record - Clyde has been exceptionally helpful in discussing this offline with me and has provided an approach that works and will allow use of the Memory Map system on both the PC and the PDA without further modifications to GSAK.

Essentially this involves making the directory used for generating the HTML files on the PC look to the system exactly the same as it would look on the PDA in terms of path name.

Thanks Clyde for your exceptional level of support on this product. :o:o:o

Dumb question time:

When using GSAK to export waypoints to a Garmin MPS file, I am allowed to choose symbols for "traditional micro cache" and also "micro cache". Anyone know the difference? Is a "traditional micro" a normal cache that happens to use a micro container and a "micro cache" *any* cache that might happen to use a micro container?

Hello Clyde

today I tried for the first time to export HTML-Files. I opend FILE - EXPORT - HTML Files. I filtered about 90 caches and exported to html. Was very fast, about 4 seconds.

Incidently I forgot the filter and the whole database (3360 caches) was shown. I started an export. GSAK was working and a long time nothing happened. So the export window appears and showed me about 33minutes left for waiting. Thats a long time, isn't it? Task Manager shows me about 100% CPU cycles and every other task is responding very slow. Abort button is working.

Chris

Hmm, I use GSAK with Cachemate. Sometimes I export caches and get a message that the cache-description is to long for cachemate and also truncated.

The most time this appears when a cache has german and english descriptions. So could there be a possibility to edit the description in GSAK and remove unwanted text?

I know this is possible in cachemate, but sometimes the guys who wrote the cache description wrote english first and german as second and there is no chance to edit in cachemate :P

Maybe a toggle function: edit cache-description with right click in the description window of GSAK.

Thanks.

I am allowed to choose symbols for "traditional micro cache" and also "micro cache". Anyone know the difference? Is a "traditional micro" a normal cache that happens to use a micro container and a "micro cache" *any* cache that might happen to use a micro container?

I think you got it.

The issue was that if you selected GSAK to make custom icons for micros, any cache labeled as a micro became that icon, including multis or puzzles. I suggested to Clyde that Traditional Mico should be a designation in itself, since the container size is secondary to the cache type.

By selecting Traditional Micro, multis which are also micros will show up as whichever symbol you've selected for a multi.

Jamie

Clyde,

Some of my filters I use for Benchmarks have quit working. I have them set up to sort mark by county and also by marker type. I have not used them for a while, but used them successfully in the past.

Specifically, one is set to search for the text "PA/FRANKLIN", which will isolate all marks in Franklin County, PA. Even when I open a single file, which only contains marks from Franklin County I get a "Sorry this filter contains 0 waypoints. Filter will NOT be set" error.

Any suggestions?

Hello Clyde

today I tried for the first time to export HTML-Files. I opend FILE - EXPORT - HTML Files. I filtered about 90 caches and exported to html. Was very fast,  about 4 seconds.

Incidently I forgot the filter and the whole database (3360 caches) was shown. I started an export.  GSAK was working and a long time nothing happened. So the export window appears and showed me about 33minutes left for waiting. Thats a long time, isn't it?  Task Manager shows me about 100% CPU cycles and every other task is responding very slow. Abort button is working.

Chris

Depending on your computer hardware I do not see this as being unusual or slow.

HTML generation is quite CPU intensive as there is a lot of work to do. Also, the time to produce the number of HTML pages is not linear. The reason being that every cache page has a list of "nearest caches". In order to calculate this list for every cache GSASK has to calculate the distance from the current cache to every other cache in the whole list (and then sort them). So for your example above GSAK needs to roughly calculate 3360 x 3360 = 11, 289,600 distances (and sorting them) so it is not hard to see why this takes a while.

Edited by ClydeE
Hmm, I use GSAK with Cachemate. Sometimes I export caches and get a message that the cache-description is to long for cachemate and also truncated.

The most time this appears when a cache has german and english descriptions. So could there be a possibility to edit the description in GSAK and remove unwanted text?

I know this is possible in cachemate, but sometimes the guys who wrote the cache description wrote english first and german as second and there is no chance to edit in cachemate :P

Maybe a toggle function: edit cache-description with right click in the description window of GSAK.

Thanks.

Ok, I will add this one to "this list"

Some of my filters I use for Benchmarks have quit working. I have them set up to sort mark by county and also by marker type. I have not used them for a while, but used them successfully in the past.

Specifically, one is set to search for the text "PA/FRANKLIN", which will isolate all marks in Franklin County, PA. Even when I open a single file, which only contains marks from Franklin County I get a "Sorry this filter contains 0 waypoints. Filter will NOT be set" error.

Any suggestions?

Hmm, I can't really see why this would be the case. However, each release there have been changes to the filters that often require updating of old filters and perhaps some of this updating has not taken correctly.

Could you try re-creating one of these filters from scratch and save it under a different name then see if it works?

If it will still not work could you please do a "Tools=>Send debug info to Clyde" and email me the tracking number together with the name of the saved filter that is not working.

Thx

Edited.

Please use small words. I feel almost silly asking, but 2 things:

1. Distance is displayed in Kms, how do you change it to Miles?

2. I know the closest cache is less than 3 miles from my home coordinates, yet the closest cache here is some 40Kms away. I'm sure it has to do with format, so how do I really enter my home coordinates so that GSAK distance matches CG.com?

Edited by teepeeayy
1. Distance is displayed in Kms, how do you change it to Miles?

Tools=>Options=>General, then in the "Distance calculation" section select "miles"

2. Within the Tools==>Options==>Locations screen, where (how?) do I enter my home coordinates?

There is already a "home" entry shipped with GSAK on that dialog. Just override it with your own home coordinates, but be sure to remove the # at the beginning ( making it a comment)

Note: It is not enough to enter your home cocordinates. To activate them you must select "Home" from the Locations drop down box, or just click on the "Home" icon in the tool bar.

Clyde, I think I just need to not be so afraid to play with it. I figured out how to get my home not only entered, but activated. Please see my edited query.

It sounds like you are entering your values in the wrong format.

GSAK supports decimal degrees or decimal minutes notation, please see the help file or online here

Clyde,

I followed the work around for updating archived caches in my GSAK historical database, as linked to from this post.

Unfortunately, when I double click on the archive column, it marks the cache "unavailable'. I then have to go to each newly marked unavailable cache and right click, "toggle cache archive/unavailable status" to get it correctly marked as "archived". I tried right clicking and toggling first (instead of double clicking the archive column), but that also marked the cache "unavailable", requiring a second toggle to get it to "archived".

Is there any way to mark a cache as archived in one step? If not, could this option be added in a future release? Thanks!

I followed the work around for updating archived caches in my GSAK historical database, as linked to from this post.

Unfortunately, when I double click on the archive column, it marks the cache "unavailable'. I then have to go to each newly marked unavailable cache and right click, "toggle cache archive/unavailable status" to get it correctly marked as "archived". I tried right clicking and toggling first (instead of double clicking the archive column), but that also marked the cache "unavailable", requiring a second toggle to get it to "archived".

Is there any way to mark a cache as archived in one step? If not, could this option be added in a future release? Thanks!

Yea, to satisfy users that wanted to distinguish between "Temporarily unavailable" and "Archived" this is now a 3 way toggle Available=>Temporarily unavailable=>Archived

So if the cache is available, to make it archived then you can double mouse click twice. However, I find using the keyboard here is the way to go. Just hit the F3 key twice - does the job nicely.

I hear that one of the future releases of GSAK will have direct download from POP3 email accounts. If so I will once again scream outload with joy when it becomes available (although the attachment extract extension for Thunderbird helps a lot). I am thinking of moving my primary email from Yahoo to Gmail. The more I use Gmail the more I like, but requirments for POP access are very demanding compared to other services. Had to get a upgraded email on my Palm just to be able to use it. Its the only email service with ads that I *like*. Almost fun to read a lot of geocaching/gps/outdoor ad's to the right of my email.

I hear that one of the future releases of GSAK will have direct download from POP3 email accounts. If so I will once again scream outload with joy when it becomes available (although the attachment extract extension for Thunderbird helps a lot). I am thinking of moving my primary email from Yahoo to Gmail. The more I use Gmail the more I like, but requirments for POP access are very demanding compared to other services. Had to get a upgraded email on my Palm just to be able to use it. Its the only email service with ads that I *like*. Almost fun to read a lot of geocaching/gps/outdoor ad's to the right of my email.

Yes, POP3 support is due in the next full release (5.2 not the next maintenace release)

However, you do have me wondering what you mean by "very demanding compared to other services". Is there some extra support required to access the GMAIL POP3

I also notice GMAIL is not yet fully available to the public. How did you get your account (I think it would be a good idea if I could also get one to test this out)

I had several Yahoo accounts, and I've abandoned them for gmail. The ability to pop and forward mail is really nice. The searching ability and 1GB storage are nice, too, but not as important to me as the pop and forward capabilities. I consider it essential to have throw-away email addresses for various uses, and I started out using Yahoo for that, but it's just too limited.

I know this is possible in cachemate, but sometimes the guys who wrote the cache description wrote english first and german as second and there is no chance to edit in cachemate  ;)

Thanks.

Ok, I will add this one to "this list"

Thanks Clyde for this and also for your explanation of the html export. Tomorrow I will advertise for GSAK at the monthly cacher event.

Chris

My first dip at the well of GSAK knowledge and wisdom. Question:

I download my databases to my Pocket PC using GPXSonar to view the cache pages in the field. I also download Streets and Trips maps with pushpins to all the waypoints.

Is there a way to create a link between the pushpins and the cache pages?

Thanks in advance,

Droo

Where did they go?

I downloaded the caches to the 60c, but when I unplug the USB cable, they caches disappear. Why?

Also, only 50 of the 100 that show up in GSAK downloaded when I hit Find. Where are the rest?

Edited by teepeeayy
My first dip at the well of GSAK knowledge and wisdom. Question:

I download my databases to my Pocket PC using GPXSonar to view the cache pages in the field. I also download Streets and Trips maps with pushpins to all the waypoints.

Thanks in advance,

Droo

I am not 100% sure I understand the question.

An online link to Geocaching.com is automatically created. However I suspect what you are asking is the ability to link to a web page (HTML) offline? That way you can view the HTML without being connected to the Internet.

Yes, you can do this.

Firstly, you must tell GSAK to generate the HTML pages. File=>Export=>Html. Pay attention the "Folder name" you enter here

Secondly you must tell the S&T export that you want to use these files rather than the online link. You do this by ticking the box "Use local URL for each waypoint" and enter the folder as per the first step, but appending "\cache" to it (when GSAK generates offline HTML it creates a folder called "cache" in the folder you specify for the output)

Where did they go?

I downloaded the caches to the 60c, but when I unplug the USB cable, they caches disappear. Why?

Also, only 50 of the 100 that show up in GSAK downloaded when I hit Find. Where are the rest?

There are several ways to diplay your waypoints on the 60C.

If you select 'Find' 'Waypoints' 'Enter' you can then press 'Menu' and select either 'Find by Name' or 'Near Current Location'.

If my memory serves me correctly if you select 'Near to Current Location' the 1st 30 or 40 caches in your 60C will be listed. If you wish to view them all then try selecting 'Find by name'.

To confirm that they have been uploaded to the 60C try creating a new database and then download the waypoints from the 60C into it. You should then see what was actually on the 60C.

HTH

Hi Clyde

Recently I discover this web service for obtaining Canadian Postal Code coordinates.

Here is the link

http://geoservices.cgdi.ca/postalcode/

and here is a call example

http://geoservices.cgdi.ca/cgi-bin/postalc...FSA&code=J1N3X7

If you use it, you will see that it returns an XML from which you can extract the coordinates.

So, given this, would you add Canada to the list of the Center Points | Post Codes ...

Regards

-Denis Lambert

Hi Clyde

Recently I discover this web service for obtaining Canadian Postal Code coordinates.

Here is the link

If you use it, you will see that it returns an XML from which you can extract the coordinates.

So, given this, would you add Canada to the list of the Center Points | Post Codes ...

Regards

-Denis Lambert

Perhaps there is a way but I can only see how you can get one post code at a time.

If you can submit a query for me that will yield all the post codes in Canda that would be great. Please email me the file and then I can include into GSAK

Hi Clyde

Recently I discover this web service for obtaining  Canadian Postal Code coordinates.

Here is the link

Regards

-Denis Lambert

Perhaps there is a way but I can only see how you can get one post code at a time.

If you can submit a query for me that will yield all the post codes in Canda that would be great. Please email me the file and then I can include into GSAK

Oh oh ! I was not aware that you got all these postal codes inside GSAK ! I though you were using an online service ... But that would require a permanent connection to the net, so I understand ...

Well for the moment I don't know of any file freely available. If I found one, I will let you know.

Thanks

-Denis Lambert

I am trying to use GSAK and have been prompted to enter my GC.com logon ID #. Can someone please tell me what this is and where do I find it? 

Thanks!

Use gc.com logon ID: When you create your user ID and password at www.geocaching.com you are allocated a unique Owner ID.  If you are using the GPX files provided by www.geocaching.com (premium membership), this Owner ID is included in the owner section of the details.  You can find this unique number by opening up a GPX file in any text editor, and searching for a cache you have placed.  Now look for the string starting with "<Groundspeak:owner id=".  The number surrounded by double quotes is your Owner ID.  This method takes care of instances where you have changed your user name (your Owner ID always remains the same).

I think you can also look at a GPX file of any cache that you've logged. Your log from GCMYQ9 A Touch of Air shows

<Groundspeak:finder id="194394">KiAyker</Groundspeak:finder>

Edited by PDOP's
My first dip at the well of GSAK knowledge and wisdom.  Question:

I download my databases to my Pocket PC using GPXSonar to view the cache pages in the field.  I also download Streets and Trips maps with pushpins to all the waypoints. 

Thanks in advance,

Droo

I am not 100% sure I understand the question.

An online link to Geocaching.com is automatically created. However I suspect what you are asking is the ability to link to a web page (HTML) offline? That way you can view the HTML without being connected to the Internet.

Yes, you can do this.

Firstly, you must tell GSAK to generate the HTML pages. File=>Export=>Html. Pay attention the "Folder name" you enter here

Secondly you must tell the S&T export that you want to use these files rather than the online link. You do this by ticking the box "Use local URL for each waypoint" and enter the folder as per the first step, but appending "\cache" to it (when GSAK generates offline HTML it creates a folder called "cache" in the folder you specify for the output)

Thanks Clyde,

that's exactly what I meant... Glad I don't have to enter the local URL for each waypoint by hand. :rolleyes:

Droo

I hear that one of the future releases of GSAK will have direct download from POP3 email accounts.  If so I will once again scream outload with joy when it becomes available (although the attachment extract extension for Thunderbird helps a lot).  I am thinking of moving my primary email from Yahoo to Gmail.  The more I use Gmail the more I like, but requirments for POP access are very demanding compared to other services.  Had to get a upgraded email on my Palm just to be able to use it.  Its the only email service with ads that I *like*.  Almost fun to read a lot of geocaching/gps/outdoor ad's to the right of my email.

Yes, POP3 support is due in the next full release (5.2 not the next maintenace release)

However, you do have me wondering what you mean by "very demanding compared to other services". Is there some extra support required to access the GMAIL POP3

I also notice GMAIL is not yet fully available to the public. How did you get your account (I think it would be a good idea if I could also get one to test this out)

Actually I included a link in the message to the Gmail FAQ for POP access with the port number details just to be nice, but I probably should have just said that rather then just linking in the middle of the message trying to be slick.

I see that several people have already sent you invites, but I thought I saw that Google had opened everyone to the Gmail beta, but maybe that was something "the are considering" or something like that.

If you need someone to test Gmail access let me know.

Dan

Clyde,

Help!

We have a problem sending waypoints from GSAK to the GPSr. 

We have a Magellan SportTrak Map

Compaq computer running Windows XP Professional

Purchased copy of GSAK and downloaded version of EasyGPS

We have never, ever been able to download the waypoints from geocaching.com to the GPS on this computer. We have both programs, EASYGPS and GSAK and can't get it to work. However, I have EasyGPS loaded on my work computer, which is also running Windows XP Professional, and I have no problem downloading the waypoints to the GPSr.

I know that the COM1 port works on the home computer. I performed the firmware update for the GPSr without any problems.

I have check, double checked and triple checked the following settings, making sure that they matched on both the GPSr and the software:

1. Longitude/Latitude

2. Coordinate settings

3. Baud Rate

4. NMEA off

Here's the error messages that we receive. First one from EasyGPS:

No Data was received from the GPS!

(Error #22)

You should quit this program and turn your GPS off before proceeding.

If you need technical assistance, please visit

http://www.easygps.com/support.asp

Details of this error have been logged to

d:\program files\EasyGPS\EasyGPS_Message_Log.txt

Here's the error message that we receive from GSAK:

Error sending waypoints:

MAGPROTO: No Data Received from GPS

Needless to say, I have become extremely frustrated beyond belief. Yes, I could continue to take the GPSr to work and download waypoints, but that's not what I want to do, nor should I be doing.

Can you give me some advice before I toss the GPSr and the computer out the window in a tantrum? I would be most appreciative

Sincerely,

"The Mrs" of Mr and Mrs Hydrogeologist

:huh:

I had "the can't send to the GPSr" problem with Easy GPS and GSAK but I remembered that I had installed Palm Desktop software for my Palm IIIxe and I vaguely remembered something about "HotSync". I checked my Docs on the Palm and "HotSync" and discovered that "HotSync", if loaded into memory on the PC takes over COM1 to transmit and receive stuff from the Palm. I had to shut down "HotSync" or I could not send stuff to the GPSr.

You didn't say if you had a Palm or something similar that siezes COM1 but if you do, this could be the source of the problem. It was mine. You might check this too. Hope this may help. The problem is frustrating. Been there.

I know that the COM1 port works on the home computer. I performed the firmware update for the GPSr without any problems.

I had "the can't send to the GPSr" problem with Easy GPS and GSAK but I remembered that I had installed Palm Desktop software for my Palm IIIxe and I vaguely remembered something about "HotSync". I checked my Docs on the Palm and "HotSync" and discovered that "HotSync", if loaded into memory on the PC takes over COM1 to transmit and receive stuff from the Palm. I had to shut down "HotSync" or I could not send stuff to the GPSr.

You didn't say if you had a Palm or something similar that siezes COM1 but if you do, this could be the source of the problem. It was mine. You might check this too. Hope this may help. The problem is frustrating. Been there.

I don't think Palm Hotsync was the problem in this case, since COM1 worked for the firmware upgrade, but wanted to add (for those who are using Hotsync and may have a conflict): You don't have to shut down Hotsync (i.e. you can use both GSAK and Hotsync). Right-click on the Hotsync icon in your system tray, choose "setup", then the "Local" tab, and select another serial port (e.g. COM3) for the Palm Pilot. If Hotsync is the problem, this should resolve it.

I'm not sure when this started (maybe geocaching.com update?) but now my GSAK logs seems to start with

encoded="False">

The best way to see this is look at a cache visited recently using the offline option. I actually never used that but started seeing the same thing in my cachemate logs after exporting from GSAK. At first I thought it might be a cachemate problem, until I looked at the offline listing in GSAK.

I'm not sure when this started (maybe geocaching.com update?) but now my GSAK logs seems to start with
encoded="False">

The best way to see this is look at a cache visited recently using the offline option. I actually never used that but started seeing the same thing in my cachemate logs after exporting from GSAK. At first I thought it might be a cachemate problem, until I looked at the offline listing in GSAK.

Hmm, I don't see this in the latest GPX file I just loaded.

Could you please take the option File=>Backup, then select ONLY the database you see this problem, and also check the settings box. Could you then email the generated zip file to clyde at gsak.net

Thx

Could you please take the option File=>Backup, then select ONLY the database you see this problem, and also check the settings box. Could you then email the generated zip file to clyde at gsak.net

Hi, Clyde,

The backup is 6 megs so I'm going to have to somehow copy the recently logged caches to another db to send to you (assuming they still have the same problem). It only appears in logs dated 3/2-3/3, which is why I thought it might be a gc.com thing.

Here's what one looks like (in offline browser):

Details are from the offline database last updated on 3/3/2005

3/2/2005 by idiosyncratic 
This cache is less than 500 feet from the location of my very first cache find. Of course everything is different now. The fire has taken out those bushes and... well... I had daylight today...

Thanks for the cache

Night Hunter
encoded="False">sl good hide.
encoded="False">Made the find just after 4pm. Gotta love those Duscwe! caches. No mud but a few muggles. Rode my bike from the parking lot and continued onto the Tortoise and Oak Canyon. TNLNSL 
encoded="False">Now that this cache has been approved, and found (Congratulations Chuy), I wanted to make sure the Miraculous Babel Fish: Arthur Dent's B-Fish got logged in correctly.