Help Me Track You Guys

caseyb

Although I suspect many of you already do this, I want to put this out there.

If/when you submit recoveries to NGS please use the official Geocaching "agency code" of GEOCAC. By doing this, I am able to track the number of recoveries submitted by the geocaching community. If you do this, AND include your initials, I might be able to actually say how many marks were recovered by so and so. This would be helpful to me.

And by the way, I do have some stats you might be interested in: Here are the amount of recoveries received by NGS from people who used the GEOCAC agency code.

January 2005: 549

December 2004: 415

November 2004: 281

October 2004: 143

Keep up the trend!

-Casey-

And by the way, I do have some stats you might be interested in: Here are the amount of recoveries received by NGS from people who used the GEOCAC agency code.

January 2005: 549

December 2004: 415

November 2004: 281

October 2004: 143

hehe. ;) I love statistics. ;) Thanks.

How many of those geocaching recoveries were "Recovered as described" and how many had additional information?

I looked at my stats in Geocaching and discovered that last October I posted about 65 recoveries to Geocaching. Following my normal practice of reporting all my recoveries to NGS, other than those that have recent recoveries, I estimate that about 50 of last October's 143 GEOCAC recoveries might be mine.

I am sure I am not alone in my desire to see a list of GEOCAC initials with their NGS recoveries. Just like Rogbarn, I love statistics, especially if I am making a noticable difference in them! Black Dog posted something similar in a different thread here.

Can that be done Casey? Perhaps a monthly list of all GEOCAC recoveries with initials. Be sure to back date it for Rogbarn, who will number crunch it and give us all a graph of our performance(s)!

Was lurking around and found this thread. You can add 2 more posts for Jan 05 making the total 551. When I saw this I realized I had not sent a couple I found to NGS. Sent in recoveries for these two today:KK1922 and HK0510. The first one has not had any recoveries in 101 yrs and the second has been almost 23 years. Just thought you statisticians would like to know! :grin: