Multiple Gpx Files

ODragon

Im curious if there would be a way set up all caches with the option of downloading multiple gpx files for the same caches. For example, I was looking at a cache that had multiple waypoints in it. One waypoint for the cache, one for the trailhead and one for parking.

It would make life a lot easier if when I downloaded the GPX file it would give me all three of these in seperate gpx files so I can just get them all at into the GPS.

I'm hoping I'm making sense and thanks for consideration.

Im curious if there would be a way set up all caches with the option of downloading multiple gpx files for the same caches. For example, I was looking at a cache that had multiple waypoints in it. One waypoint for the cache, one for the trailhead and one for parking.

Yes. We will be allowing uploads of GPX files to the web page in the future. Hemlock is referring more to the coordinates in the logs or on the page, which is a nice workaround but not good for, say, Pocket Queries. These uploads will be incorporated with the GPX file for the cache listing.

Yes. We will be allowing uploads of GPX files to the web page in the future. Hemlock is referring more to the coordinates in the logs or on the page, which is a nice workaround but not good for, say, Pocket Queries. These uploads will be incorporated with the GPX file for the cache listing.

Once more, thank you J.

Oh crud. It looks like the new site design here broke that. I've emailed the author of that site to let him know, along with a suggestion of how to fix it.

Yep - the site redesign inadvertently "broke" Boulter's Coordinates Grabber - but, like the his excellent Express Logger, he made some quick adjustments, and it seems to be functional again today.

As a perfect example - I recently found the cache "Rock(lin) of Ages" on my way home from Tahoe. The Grabber would have extracted all six sets of coordinates from the cache page, greatly simplifying tedious (and error-prone!) data entry into the GPSr.

Alternatively, if you have the ability to post something to the web (personal site, geocities, AOL, ...?), you can do exactly what is being discussed here: Create a GPX file with all the relevant coordinates, place it on the website you have access to, and simply include a link to it from the cache page. Sure, it's easier if we make Jeremy do all the work and provide the storage B) - but this is a viable workaround for many, until the feature is implemented at gc.com. Here's a great example: Hynr's Arboretum Geocaching Tour.

Finally, the no-tech way: What I usually do on multis is just go to the first waypoint, and then "edit" that waypoint to reflect the next stage. Has me doing manual data entry, but on the other hand, it cuts down on "clutter" in the GPSr. Of course, of multi's/puzzles where there's math involved in calculating the next coords, you all but HAVE to do it this way...

Just some thoughts,

Billy

(aka SnoWake)