New Style And Color

davy boy

dont forget the bookmarks.

I think you could probably change the colours with a custom style sheet but i dont have the time to look at that in much detail right now.

I'm creating a bookmark list of all caches that are the end caches of a series, ie alchemy gold, polaris etc. Cache list is at this address and I'm open for cache numbers to add to the list - i'm slowly working my way through gsak but chocolate brownies are calling me from the kitchen.

Edit The list is now complete (i think) so any corrections please pm them to me

Edited by DomHeknows

I know we have to accept some things in life, but when it comes to what I believed to be a family/friendly bunch working together I would have thought the changes would have been suggested proir to completion. If you know what I mean. I have trouble reading small print on screen anywhay but now it's causing me further trouble.

Edited by Globetrotter.uk

Like it.

All except the background thing....the only problem is the table on the left hand side! its been given a value to go directly down to the bottom.....if it didnt the table would stop at the bottom of the last left hand button and it would make all cache pages with backgrounds look so much better----Humpf!! :rolleyes:

I think the new colours and Icons look a lot more "professional" I am impressed with the new links but, I am intrigued by the "ignore" icon.....can't think of a reason why I would want to ignore a cache...................... unless, it was a 5/5 set by MarcB....... that'd be fair enough..............I'm not fit enough for some of his!!!! B):):rolleyes::) (having said that, I've done most of Marcs, I must be a masochist) :)

One thing that looks very unprofessional is the way everything is now set out in absolute terms instead of percentages.

At the 1280x1024 resolution of my monitor, the Homepage looks absolutly stupid. Everything is crammed in the middle 50% of the page, and half the screen area is taken up by the very boring looking green background. What with the small text, and the very silly word wrapping, like

"Advanced Search Click

Here"

(The "click here" is hyperlinked, not the words "advanced search" which is clumsy)

things must be more confusing for first tiem users when they come to that page.

It must also be unclear to new users that where it says "Zip Code" in search, postcodes work as well - that used to be unambiguous, but not now.

I do like the new buttons on the right of the cache pages thought - they look much clearer and more professional.

I haven't really had a change to decide what I think about it all yet, but my initial thought is that I am glad it is not now virulent green as I work in a communal office and bright and luridly coloured acreens tend to give the game away that I may not be working. I always wanted a 'sunglasses' mode! ;)

The thread on the main forums is as acrimonius and vile as usual. Plenty of flaming, over use of capitals and that sort of thing ;)

Looks like we may have to abandon our use of backgrounds, which I think is a real shame as it adds so much to the feel of the cache page, lets the cache placer set the theme for their cache and in the case of some caches I know contains a visual clue or two.

If it stays the way it is, I will have to abandon my backgrounds but I think in protest I may format them all to the brightest vilest shade of aceeeed green that I can find the Hex code for. ;)

It looks like somebody has finally switched onto 'corporate identity' and has made the page background colours fit the covert nature of the sport i.e. olive drab, the same as the "Official Geocache" stickers.

The buttons and stuff have just been updated to match the Windows XP style - nothing wrong with that, everyone's doing it (and there are more buttons, so more features).

Personally....

I like it - especially being able to ignore webcam caches. ;)