New Look Of The Website!

DJ Calamari

When beta testing the new site, I spent way too much time just hitting "refresh" on the front page, and watching the photos change up at the top. Clicking through to the interesting photos opens a wonderful window on all the great images that have been collected over the years. Until now, there was no easy way to sort through the ho-hum pictures and feature the really cool ones.

The new rotating photos are one of my favorite things about the new design.

When beta testing the new site, I spent way too much time just hitting "refresh" on the front page, and watching the photos change up at the top. Clicking through to the interesting photos opens a wonderful window on all the great images that have been collected over the years. Until now, there was no easy way to sort through the ho-hum pictures and feature the really cool ones.

Yes. I do this too. I think I'll add a gallery for the current rotating images so you don't have to keep hitting refresh.

When beta testing the new site, I spent way too much time just hitting "refresh" on the front page, and watching the photos change up at the top.  Clicking through to the interesting photos opens a wonderful window on all the great images that have been collected over the years.  Until now, there was no easy way to sort through the ho-hum pictures and feature the really cool ones.

Yes. I do this too. I think I'll add a gallery for the current rotating images so you don't have to keep hitting refresh.

I like that idea since I immediately sat there and hit refresh a ton of times to see the pictures! :mad:

I like the look . . . but I'm getting an error when trying to download the .gpx files. :mad:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.DisplayNavigation() +288

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +67

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1024

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +363

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

The one thing I cannot find is

UPLOAD IMAGES for my own caches.

I am working on one, and I cannot post the image they will need to solve the puzzle.

I love the change though, a new look is always good.

:mad: The Blue Quasar

Please make sure any feedback on site performance, bugs, errors, or missing things are placed in the geocaching.com discussion forum.

Thanks

For whoever asked, the TB thing was discussed by me in the site fora and is now fixed. In addition, I have now managed to get us a new feature where after you log a tb, you can punch in the number of another tb lower on that page and save the extra steps of having to go back and start the process again.

We like Jeremy. We like him alot.

As soon as I saw the different front page I typed in my zipcode and was immediately disappointed that the funky colors of gray, yellow, green and white (that appear to make no sense unless you filter your finds) still appear to make no sense until you filter your finds :)

Not to be discouraged, I rushed to the watchlist page (where you cannot delete items in bulk) only to be disappointed that I still cannot delete more than one item at a time. :)

I promptly came here to read about what did change so as not to have struck out completely. :rolleyes:

I'll have to try that ignore thing, I know just the cache. :)

Alright, I've got to complain. :rolleyes:

The only thing that I can see to be a problem is the left menu bar.

The writing for the menu items is too small.

My other issue is more serious. The old menu bar on the left only extended to the bottom of the menu list. Everything from there to the bottom of the page was clear. Now it is a gray color. The problem with this, is it cuts off the background if people want to put in a special background. I have done this with all of my cache pages, and now I may have to go in and change some of my pages, cause the background won't show up right.

Actually, this really frustrates me, cause one of the biggest joys that I get out of making caches is working on the cache page. With that whole section eliminated, it takes a lot of the joy out.

Is there any way to make it clear again? :)

I accidently played with these features last week from the Geological sociiety when I created the earth cache. For some reason when I logged into there web site this is what I saw. I was able to create some great lists but then it was inasscible and my list were gone, today when I got home from work they were already there in my bookmarks. Hoorarh they are not in limbo. I played with all the pics etc and perused all the features last week and I wondered when this would occur at the web site now I know. COOL!! Thanks.