Adopt-a-newbie!

Just another quickie to say if anyone in the Bicester or Banbury area (oxfordshire) wants a point in the right direction then I'm always about and could do with some encouragement :)

And there's me living in Banbury :anicute:

Been finding your caches ;)

No way! I'm from Bodicote :D and Messe's up the road in Banbury, his cache's are BRILLIANT.

I've just reactivated a little series of three in bodicote actually, there's five or six around there hint hint :D Give us a shout if you're around

Hi all , we went out on our fist geocache hunt today , Springfield Bunnies , Essex . We found it from the photos and the clues , as I new the area from 20 years ago when I used to walk my dog in that area , I only had a sat nav which wasnt of any use to us . I will need to get a good GPS unit , any recomendations . We all enjoyed ourselves , and saw plenty of rabbits and a kestral in a tree next to us . The Broomfield Spotters .

Geocache1-1.jpg

Edited by Dave 101

Just another quickie to say if anyone in the Bicester or Banbury area (oxfordshire) wants a point in the right direction then I'm always about and could do with some encouragement :)

And there's me living in Banbury :anicute:

Been finding your caches ;)

No way! I'm from Bodicote :D and Messe's up the road in Banbury, his cache's are BRILLIANT.

I've just reactivated a little series of three in bodicote actually, there's five or six around there hint hint :D Give us a shout if you're around

Actually live in Twyford :D between Adderbury and Kings Sutton, tried JACAD 1 today and failed, going to do the 3 0r 4 in Bodicote over the week and enjoy a beer, and also The Riverbank (one of yours if I recall?)

Hi I'm Jemma. I'm new to Geocaching - brand new in fact - I haven't been out yet. I'm just considering buying a GPS (Legend HCx - comments?) and hoping to get out around easter time.

Anyone in the area want to adopt me for an afternoon? I could do with a crash course in using a GPS!

Thank you!

Jemma xxx

Welcome to the UK side!

Where are you?

Otherwise you'll end up travelling a long way to go caching with someone... :laughing:

(edit to add: County or nearest town will do)

D'oh! This doesn't bode well! I'm in Suffolk. Bury St Edmunds to be precise.

Hi i am in the bury area about to start gc, how are you getting on with your GPS.

Hi

Not a very experienced cacher but willing to help anyone else in my area, just company if needed :laughing: .

I am based in Dursley Gloucestershire N 51 40.693 W 002 20.840

Alan

Hi Alan

Have recently discovered Geocaching, have yet to purchase a GPS. Would be delighted to meet somebody with some knowledge. I am based at Norton N 51 54.971 W 002 12.477, approx. 4 miles north of Gloucester

Richard (Active OAP with plenty of time) email buntingrj@aol.com

Have recently discovered Geocaching, have yet to purchase a GPS. Would be delighted to meet somebody with some knowledge. I am based at Norton N 51 54.971 W 002 12.477, approx. 4 miles north of Gloucester

Richard (Active OAP with plenty of time) email buntingrj@aol.com

The CacheWalkers would be an ideal group of cachers for you to meet - they are based in the Gloucestershire/Warwickshire/Worcestershire area, are a friendly lot who host excellent events and have their own forum at http://www.cachewalker.co.uk .

Hi all.I've been recommended to post my request here....

Hi...just wondering...is there anybody out there who would be happy to meet with a small group of Wednesday walkers who could help us get started with Geocaching ? We're based in Chichester, West Sussex. Thanks.

(nb I've just moved this on recommendation.)

hiya people..newbies in northants here and was wondering if there were any posts around or if anyone can elabriate on the lingo used in the posts such as...TFTF and TFTC and such like...and anyone knowing of any local forums to me would be great

thanx

hiya people..newbies in northants here and was wondering if there were any posts around or if anyone can elabriate on the lingo used in the posts such as...TFTF and TFTC and such like...and anyone knowing of any local forums to me would be great

thanx

Where in Northants are you? I'm near Towcester. If you are close we might be able to meet up one evening.

TFTF- Never heard this one but

FTF=First to Find

DNF=Did not find

TFTC (T4TC)= Thanks for the cache

TNLN= Took nothing left nothing

SL=Signed Log

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment but doubtless I have missed some.

... and so is the triple one as well

hiya mate....cheers for that....we over in kettering so not far from you...prob be making our way over your way soon for some caching out of our area

My parents (Cassie's Crusaders) are in Oundle so if you need any help, i'm sure they'd help. I'm back regularly so might see you around one day.

HI, I'm a small chubby (not fat) old mum and I'm fairly new to geocaching I've managed to find about 30 easy caches :) but I wish I had a better idea about what I'm doing :) . I think I am missing simple caches because I dont know what I should be looking for :D . I would be grateful if somebody in the wokingham area of berkshire could show me the ropes and give a clue to the clueless.

glowfaize might also come along, if she's not on a sleepover ,camping or it's raining or too long a walk - kids! ;)

HIya! i'm saribird, been tempted into 'caching by some friends on another forum for a certain girl only organisation, and we found our first one yesterday! As yet no GPs, I'm watching quite a few on Ebay, Garmin Etrex recommended as an entry level? I'm in Leics and any advice is welcome. We will only 'cache as a family, so not looking for walking buddies, but all advice is welcome, especially on buying a second hand GPS, and good caches with ckildren. (11 and 7 so not too little)

Saribird x x x

HIya! i'm saribird, been tempted into 'caching by some friends on another forum for a certain girl only organisation, and we found our first one yesterday! As yet no GPs, I'm watching quite a few on Ebay, Garmin Etrex recommended as an entry level? I'm in Leics and any advice is welcome. We will only 'cache as a family, so not looking for walking buddies, but all advice is welcome, especially on buying a second hand GPS, and good caches with ckildren. (11 and 7 so not too little)

Saribird x x x

Try to get an "H" model, they have better reception...

East Midland Cachers can be found here > emCache, if there's no response here!

(Former Leicester lad, now living/working over the border!)

Saribird x x x

Ta honey! I'll bear that in mind. My Oh is working all over warwick, cov, lemington, rugby atm....but has to face the m69 at night! Thanks for the link I'll check it out

sari x

Saribird x x x

Ta honey! I'll bear that in mind. My Oh is working all over warwick, cov, lemington, rugby atm....but has to face the m69 at night! Thanks for the link I'll check it out

sari x

Saribird x x x

sari x

Saribird x x x

I don't recall there being much temping. All we did was mention it and you decided to go wander to some nettles :P

I'll help you from afar dearie but I'm not much use at the whole GPS buying thing - I have my nice posh one.

Saribird x x x

I've sent you an email via Groundspeak...

There's a GPS for sale in Warwickshire.

Your OH may be able to collect and save you the cost of postage, if you're interested.

Saribird x x x

I don't recall there being much temping. All we did was mention it and you decided to go wander to some nettles :laughing:

I'll help you from afar dearie but I'm not much use at the whole GPS buying thing - I have my nice posh one.

No, it's true I'm easily corrupted ( :D )...stop showing off about your gucci GPS, just waiting for OH to get his new works blackberry, and will download apps into that, if ebay hasn't come through! The nettles are wearing off now, but we are off out this afto, taking gloves today!!! does that me sound a bit girly?

Saribird x x x

Your OH may be able to collect and save you the cost of postage, if you're interested.

Thanks for your email..I'm still winning a couple (eek!) on the old ebay. I'm a bit skint, so looking to spend less than 100 quid, thanks for the help. anyway! saribird

:(

Saribird x x x

Thanks for your email..I'm still winning a couple (eek!) on the old ebay. I'm a bit skint, so looking to spend less than 100 quid, thanks for the help. anyway! saribird

Saribird pick your maximum and keep bidding on every one you see! :ph34r:

I picked a ceiling of £35.00 for an Etrex Yellow. Eventually I got one at that price :P ...

It took a bit of patience :unsure: ....

But worth it in the end till I stupidly left it on a bench for 2 mins and it went :( ...

Have a Serial/USB cable for etrex yellow if any one is intrested? :blink:

I went on my first cache today. Originally I had no luck with one about a mile away from where I live, I simply couldn't find the cache though I was quite weary about alarming muggles heh. I decided to venture out later in the day and walked about 5 miles to find my first cache. I cannot express how chuffed I was at the time. I'm definitely looking to do this again wherever I find myself.

Alas I'm only using my iphone 3g at the moment which seems relatively accurate. I'm guessing sat navs aren't the same/can't be used as a gps, or am I wrong? If so then I might borrow the family sat nav for some more adventures haha.

I live in Sutton so if there are any vets or groups who want some n00b company feel free to give me a shout :)

I went on my first cache today. Originally I had no luck with one about a mile away from where I live, I simply couldn't find the cache though I was quite weary about alarming muggles heh. I decided to venture out later in the day and walked about 5 miles to find my first cache. I cannot express how chuffed I was at the time. I'm definitely looking to do this again wherever I find myself.

Alas I'm only using my iphone 3g at the moment which seems relatively accurate. I'm guessing sat navs aren't the same/can't be used as a gps, or am I wrong? If so then I might borrow the family sat nav for some more adventures haha.

I live in Sutton so if there are any vets or groups who want some n00b company feel free to give me a shout :)

used to live in sutton, and have moved not far down the road to Kingswood. Lots of caches in this neck of the woods, and if you need some advice or anything, we're happy to help! there's also some events coming up (one in dorking) which you may want to come along to! drop me a line whenevr you like!

Dave