May Cache Bash

Half-Canadian

I'm putting together plans for a Saturday cache event in May to celebrate the kickoff of the "48 North" chapter of the WSGA -- primarily for the Whatcom, Skagit, Island county areas but everyone is welcome to come ;) Thought I'd throw this out for discussion to get some feedback from those who might be interested in attending. You don't need to be a member of the WSGA to attend, but you might want to think about it at least :)

The two Saturdays in May which have group facilities available (that haven't been reserved yet) are: Saturday, May 7, and Saturday, May 14. Is anyone aware of conflicts with other caching activities on either of those two dates? (These dates don't conflict with Mother's Day or the Memorial Day or Victoria Day long weekends.)

There are three fairly centrally located large group facilities available for either of those dates. All include indoor and/or picnic shelter type seating, outdoor recreation nearby (playground, hiking, existing caches, etc.), restrooms, kitchen facilities, barbecue pit, seating for at least 60 people, and plenty of parking.

The choices are:

A rustic day lodge at Lake Samish, which is right off I-5 halfway between Skagit and Whatcom counties.

Bloedel-Donovan Park in Bellingham.

Hovander Homestead Park in Ferndale, about 15 minutes north of Bellingham.

Suggestions for alternate locations are welcome as well. There may be several people from the Vancouver area who might also be interested in coming (other than me :huh: ) if it isn't too far to drive down.

There would likely be several new caches placed around whichever facility we decide to meet at, and all of these locations are family and kid-friendly. The fee for reserving any of these spots is about $150.00 for a full day, so if each individual kicked in $5.00 or $10.00 for a family, we should have it covered.

Thoughts??

Edited by Half-Canadian