Discuss The Design Of The 2005 Washington Geocoin

Moun10Bike

;)STUPID QUESTION ALERT :D

I have made so many paypal purchases for coins, added threads to my watch list, traded with various people, received some, waiting for others etc...in the last few months. (Now you'd think I would have kept some sort of list, but that would make my life predictable and thus boring.... and that is against my nature. :D )Someone help straighten me out. Has this one gone up for sale yet? Do we have a price? A date?

Do we have a price? A date?

Nope, still working on getting responses from the people and companies involved. It doesn't look like we're going to make the target goal of Memorial Day Weekend. :antenna: We'll be lucky to have them by the Fourth of July.

Maybe we should become realistic and plan on getting them by Campout 2005? :santa:

Edited by TotemLake
Folks need to grasp onto just a little patience. M10B is diligently working  with the vendor and providing info as he has it in hand. Remember, no matter how hard you push or pull, the mule sets his own pace.

Wow, did he just call moun10bike a mule?? :D

No, Moun10Bike is the guy with the stick & carrot. That would make ... nope, don't need to say it. :D

I'm looking forward to the new coin, I dropped most of my remaining supply of 2004 coins in 'oldie' caches across the west.

Well I thought it was funny... :lol:

And didn't I see a new cacher in the logs this weekend at the CM? Moun10Bites? :lol: A certain CM team was getting kinda silly in their logbook signing. :lol:

Seriously- I think everyone appreciates all the hard work Moun10Bike and others are doing to move this coin to minting. I think people just were curious how things were going.

:) Hey I should get one of these coins for free. The Volcano blew on my 13th B-day and since the only thing I got from St Helens is ash, :anitongue: I think it is only fitting that I get a geocoin.. :anitongue::D:D:D:(

All fun aside.. my b-day really is May 18, but what are the odds of a volcanic eruption on my 13th b-day. ;)

The coin looks pretty cool. I'm going to have to watch out for one.

Do we have a price? A date?

Nope, still working on getting responses from the people and companies involved. It doesn't look like we're going to make the target goal of Memorial Day Weekend. B) We'll be lucky to have them by the Fourth of July.

Well, the 4th of July has come and gone. Is this vendor still dragging its heels? Are we obliged to stay with this vendor if they're so unreliable?

If I have read this thread correctly the biggest problem with getting the 2005 coins goin has been the vendor. I know that that by staying with the same vendor as last year we can save some money, but it appears that with the current vendor there may not be a 2005 coin.

In the 7-22-05 edition of the Federal Way Mirror there is an article on Northwest Territorial Mint, the second largest private mint in the US (located in Auburn ,WA).

Admittedly I have no knowledge of the process it takes to get the coins going but maybe switching vendors warrants some consideration at this point.

link to Northwest Territorial Mint.

Okay, back under my rock I go :lol:

If I have read this thread correctly the biggest problem with getting the 2005 coins goin has been the vendor. I know that that by staying with the same vendor as last year we can save some money, but it appears that with the current vendor there may not be a 2005 coin.

In the 7-22-05 edition of the Federal Way Mirror there is an article on Northwest Territorial Mint, the second largest private mint in the US (located in Auburn ,WA).

Admittedly I have no knowledge of the process it takes to get the coins going but maybe switching vendors warrants some consideration at this point.

link to Northwest Territorial Mint.

Okay, back under my rock I go :lol:

Yes, There have been issues with the vendor.

Yes, There WILL be a 2005 coin!

Yes, We are investigating the use of a different vendor for the 2006 coin.

In our last set of discussions the idea of changing vendors for this years coin was brought up but it was decided that we are to far along in the process to make a switch unless things totally go south.

Yes... I'm being somewhat cagey in my responses... I don't want to Jynx anything or give a release date yet because I don't want to make a promise I cant keep.

I'd love to have more info to post here, but this has been an incredibly frustrating experience and I'm likely to just go into a rant! :lol: For example: we were supposed to have the finished artwork from the minter last Thursday and the prototype on Monday. The artwork we got included one of the old designs, not the updated version we had spent the last few weeks haggling over. I was told that would be corrected by last Friday morning. I didn't see the updated art until Saturday night, and I still haven't heard back or seen any sign of the prototype. Believe it or not, this has actually been one of the smoother portions of the process.

I'll be sure to post when I have any news in which I have any confidence. Once the coins are in our hands, things will whip along.

Anyone want to trade a Washington Geocoin for a Georgia Geocoin?

Here's a representative image, although the coin number won't be the same... but it will be one of the original 300 Georgia Geocoins that were minted.

If interested, please contact me though my geocaching profile....

Thanks, Team Teuton, Savannah, Ga.

{EDIT} Thanks to all who have replied. I've officially run out of all my extra Georgia geocoins so I am rescinding this offer. I'll leave this post and the pics up for posterity. Thanks again... TT.

georgia%20coins%20%20front.jpg

georgia%20coins%20back.jpg

Edited by Team Teuton