First Hide!

cherokeetracker

If I understand your question correctly, you want to place a cache, but you can't find a spot that is at least 528 feet away from another cache.

If this is the case, you might consider finding a different area.

You could also enter the waypoints, of all the caches in the area (you want to place a cache in) and hike around and periodically check the distance of the nearest caches by selecting the "goto feature" .

Bill,

Go to the 'Hide & Seek' page and search by the coords of your planned cache. This will tell you if you are too close.

If you haven't yet hidden the box, you can download the coords of all the caches in the planned area. Load them into your GPSr and go to the location. When you find a good spot, hit goto nearest. This will tell you if you are far enough away.

Of course, these two methods will not tell you whether your location is too close to an intermediate step of the final location of a multi. To be sure about this, you will either have to find all of the local multis and puzzle caches or contact your approver to see if your planned spot is free and clear.

Load the coordinates for all the caches in your area into your gps (or a mapping program on the PC) and then look for the pocket.

Excellent suggestion. I walked thru a nearby trail and used the same suggestion. It actually took me a while to find a really good spot to hide my cache, it was my first and am happy to report a day later, someone has already visited my cache and someone else emailed me to let me know they are visiting the cache this week!

Very exciting stuff :-)

Dave