2nd Annual Meet And Greet

archeangelsk2002

the 2nd annual meet and greet was my first geocaching event. i had a great time and met some great people there. i want to take this time to thank wcnut and tater for the great job they did putting this event together. while there i met a few folks and spoke with them. i met arf, wcnut,tater,lumberjack tom and a few others. it was a pretty good sized crowd there at the golden corral. a few people intoduced themselves and told of their cache counts. it amazed me me that people had 2000 plus finds under their belts.

at the meet and greet they had door prizes, i won a nice mini mag lite and lost fool won some geocaching stickers hes been wanting for a while. i also signed a miniature log from what i now know as the smallest micro i had ever seen. this lady walks up and says do you see a micro i said oh you mean your earrings( i apologize for not remembering her name). after the munchies, intros, and door prizes we all headed out for some event caches. once again i was amazed how orderly everybody left and went caching. no traffic tie ups or anything.

the most fun was trying to quickly re hide a cache we just found as other cachers were pulling in and then trying to non challantly walk away from the cache.

in conclusion, if you get the chance to go to a caching event go for it. i can honestly say a good time can be had by all.

regards

archie :lostsignal:

Hey, archeangelsk-- it was good meeting you at the "M&E" as well. Sorry there was no continuity, however. I was easily distracted by many things! It's always good to see "new folk" like you, especially the ones who make an effort to cover the distance. Hope to cross paths with you again! :surprise:

Edited by Lumberjack Tom