Catskill Backpack This Weekend?

briansnat

Friday morning to Sunday morning? That is a dedicated geocaching trip. If I had my cold weather gear in Massachusetts and a knee in better shape I might have considered the trip. Friday was the killer though. The trip sounds fun.

Topical interest... I nearly ended my life early in Katerskill Clove one winter. I went to peek in a ravine, slipped on some icy crust and slid downhill towards the chasm before grabbing a tree. Cachers in the Catskills, if one is not there, someone should place a cache at the base of Katerskill Falls.

Hey BrianS, I hope you make the trip and enjoy it . Let us all know how it went.

JohnX, of MA and sometimes NY

Good luck, have fun and be safe Brian.

LOL you sound like my wife. She's " very worried" about me. Never mind that I've been backpacking in the Catskills for 20 years (and boy am I tired :ph34r: ), done numerous winter trips and several solo trips. OK, so this is my first winter, solo trip, but ya gotta start some times.

How come when something that I haven't done in a while comes along I can never make it due to out-law obligation. Is it a conspriracy? The wife doesn't have a problem with me hunting solo for days but tell I'm just camping in winter and it's "what are you crazy?'

Edited by ChinCache
Is it a conspriracy?
It is life. Think about all the times there are demands on your time. Work, children's schedules, social obligations, that is what makes it all the more enjoyable when you get a little recreation in. That is one of the reasons I had my son join the Boy Scouts, so I can go camping and hiking, but mne,we shall keep that one to ourselves. briansnat Enjoy your hike, be sure to check in when you return, otherwise we'll all be out looking for a cacher, not a cache.

Hi Guys :huh:

Decided to check out the forums here for the first time in ages :laughing:

Hey Brian.. saw your log on my cache! Sorry you didnt get to it, bud. Yikes, you must be crazy camping out in this colddd... A true diehard backpacker, you are!

I hope you guys make it out on the next trip out there. This is a spectacular place to see and a nice place for the cache. You will not regret visiting this place. The views are..awesome!

Stay cool ! (figuratively, that is)

AD

Edited by The Artful Dodger
Hi Guys :huh:

Decided to check out the forums here for the first time in ages :laughing:

Hey Brian.. saw your log on my cache! Sorry you didnt get to it, bud. Yikes, you must be crazy camping out in this colddd... A true diehard backpacker, you are!

I hope you guys make it out on the next trip out there. This is a spectacular place to see and a nice place for the cache. You will not regret visiting this place. The views are..awesome!

Stay cool ! (figuratively, that is)

AD

Hey, Lawrence. Good to see you posting here. Welcome back. Its been a while! Hope all is well with you.