Sci.geo.satellite-nav Help To Locate

RAC 'N' T-BO

Hello everyone, I hope you can help us.

We have recently changed our ISP from NTL dial up to tiscali broadband. While we were using NTL freedom we were able to access the sci.geo.satellite-nav newsgroup through outlook express but since changing to the tiscali we are unable to access it. Can anyone let us know how we can access this newsgroup again as we feel it is one of the better groups. We have tried locating on the tiscali news server but sci.geo.satellite-nav is not listed although 1000's of other titles are.

Hope someone can help us.

Tim and Rachel

Hm. No, Usenet is just the the name for the service that scie.geo.satellit-nav is part of. Sounds like news.tiscali.co.uk is your newsserver, and they don't carry it if it wasn't on the list.

I'd get on to Tiscali and first find out if that's the case and you've set up everything right. Then ask them to carry the group (ISP's will often respond by picking up a group if you ask, though I'm surprised to hear they don't carry them all). Finally, if that fails, you could look for a free newsserver that carries it, and use that instead of news.tiscali.co.uk.

Or you could read it through Google groups, but I never much liked their service for reading news.

Oh, gosh, it's been years since I was a Usenetter. I used to pay a fee to use a server that was excellent, but I don't even remember the name of it now. Stupid old age.

I just did a Google search on "free newsserver" and got half a million hits. Try starting there and working your way down the list. If you don't find one after the first page or so, I'd get in touch with Tiscali. It doesn't cost them anything to add a group, and you are paying for their service.