Help Finding First Aid Kit (box Actually)

johnnyspud

Anyone know where I can find those personal first aid kids that came in a pocket sized plastic container? White, translucent, two piece plastic container, with a male/female sleeve - curved to fit in a hip pocket. Smaller than the decon boxes

Anyone know where I can find these or actually, just the box?

Not looking to use it as a cache, but they are sooo handy for carrying the little things that I'm always misplacing in the dark corners of my pack.

Thanks.

Here is a suggestion. I pick up small pouches, fanny packs and camara pouches for anywhere around $.50-$1.00 at thrift stores. In these I can put some of the smaller items. Separate bags for safety survival gear, snacks, whatever. I put a tag on them with a general idea of what it is for. These have the advantage of compressing to fit. And Cheap.

Yeah, that Coghlans #0002 is the one in that cool Coglans yellow. I checked Campmor before I posted here and couldn't find it. Searched again under first aid kit and Coghlans with no luck.

I'll check garts and that Wally World if I get desperate.

Thanks.

I too see that Campmor no longer carries it. Sorry for that piece of bad info.

Here is a suggestion. I pick up small pouches, fanny packs and camara pouches for anywhere around $.50-$1.00 at thrift stores. In these I can put some of the smaller items. Separate bags for safety survival gear, snacks, whatever. I put a tag on them with a general idea of what it is for. These have the advantage of compressing to fit. And Cheap.

This is a great system. Back when I started hiking rucksacks were much cheaper then backpack's that had lots of separate compartments. The problem with a rucksack is you usually have to dump everything out to find what you need. The "bag of bags" concept worked well to overcome the rucksacks shortcoming.

I still use this method to keep from "over packing" my day pack. I just throw the bags I will need for a particular trip into my day and leave the rest home. The only thing I use I only use hard cases for stuff that could be damaged by crushing, they usually weigh more and don't conform to the space available as well as bags or pouches.