Geocaching Smart Search Plugin For Firefox

Lt. Sniper

Hey.. by the way.. how's that Thunderbird email work??  I'd love to get rid of the Outlook monster and the constant fear of it bringing home a virus.  But the main reason I still use Outlook is because AVG works with it to automatically scan every incoming/outgoing message for viruses.  I don't know if AVG would recognize Thunderbird.

Thunderbird is great! If I remember correctly, there is a way to tell it what virus scanner you want to use... I know Norton works just fine with it automatically

I've been using Thunderbird since it was in Beta test versions, I have yet to have a problem with it!

While you're at it, check out Sunbird, Mozilla's new calendar app!

Back on topic, the GC search plugin is great! Thanks a ton!

Happy Caching

Jeff

Hey.. by the way.. how's that Thunderbird email work?? I'd love to get rid of the Outlook monster and the constant fear of it bringing home a virus. But the main reason I still use Outlook is because AVG works with it to automatically scan every incoming/outgoing message for viruses. I don't know if AVG would recognize Thunderbird.

Take a look at Pegasus. I've been using it for years. It works with Norton AV, but I don't know about AVG. Its filtering control is robust, and is practically a script language of its own. I have it interface an external program I wrote to detect my GPX mail, extract the file, and put in on my desktop, replacing the prior day's file. I've also run a fairly large subscription mailing list with, with Pegasus automatically handling the subscription tasks. It handles multiple identities, and can download from multiple mailboxes in a single pass.

I am looking into that, it seems it adds some text to the search query and stuffs it up.

It doesn't appear to be a matter of additional text, since that should be ignored. It may be translating part of the string into URL-safe form, when it shouldn't.

Here's what's being sent:

http://boulter.com/gqs/check.php?from=GQSPluginForFirefox&type%3DAuto%26key=GC4321

Here's what it should be:

http://boulter.com/gqs/check.php?from=GQSPluginForFirefox&type=Auto&key=GC4321

As you can see, it's translating some of the "&" and "=" into the URL-safe form, but when that's done, they're no longer recognized on the receiving end as delimiter and assignment symbols.

Edited by Prime Suspect

excellent tool only thing I put in my postal code and it came up with no results

I'm from canada

my postal code is E1X 2N6

canadian postal code are alway Letter-number-Letter-space-number-letter-number

I tried with and without the space and it still brings back 0 results

Edited by D0T-C0M

Thanks for the great software. Works on a Mac too.

I have noticed that on GC site when I type in 0800 range for an area code nothing comes up.

Northern Territory is a place too, we have feelings,people and caches (O.K. only about 50 but we are working on it).

:ph34r:

Is there something you can do about it or do I have to contact GC about it first ?

thanks again for an awsome piece of plugin