Looking For A Gc Logo Stencil

Been searching for about an hour, I have found lots of good Geocache ID stencils, including the Sissy-n-CR version.

I'm looking for the 4 Square logo in a stencil. I have only found one referance to such a stencil, but it was homade from a coffee can lid. I dont drink coffee so I don't have any lids around :D

Does anybody have a good, hi-res GC 4-square logo? Preferably in pdf format.

geo5575bb.jpg

This is ok, but too small. Edges look bad when blown up.

Yes I know I can fix in PS, but i'm looking for the easy answer first.

To have the head without a bar you'll need to use an adhesive to place it there before painting. (spray I imagine ?)

I use a can of low tack spray adhesive from WalMart that will turn anything into basically a stick-it type of thing.

Also I find that overhead transperency sheets can be cut into nice stencils. (in case your looking for a good material) They're very durable for lots of re-uses.

Edited by Dino Hunters

You could also take the image to a sign company that deals in vinyl graphics and have them cut it out of temporary paint mask.

Then apply it to your cache, paint it, and pull off the mask while the paint is still wet.

The mask is mounted to a pre-mask to hold all the parts in place until you remove the premask. So that way the head on the little man wouldn't have to have a bar to attach it to the rest of the design.

That's how Hot Rodders have been doing some of the more elaborate stuff on the custom paint jobs for years.

The only thing about doing this is-- "Would it fall under copyright infringement?" :lostsignal: For using the logo for non-Geocaching.com specific items.

You aren't selling it to create your own profit, but you having them recreate a "copyrighted" logo. Which is a normally no-no with a reputable sign company.

D-man :rolleyes:

Added to what GridLox said, search the yellow pages for "Engraving". Look for a place that has a laser engraver. Take the black and white logo to them as a JPG or (if you have the software and knowledge) as a vector graphic (outlined). They can take your artwork and cut out vinyl, cardboard or 1/8" plexiglass to make your stencil.