Caches Around Sidney

Coach Steve

Where abouts in Sydney are you staying? If you are staying in the city you can start on one side in the Botanical Gardens(east) and try Fruity Bats.

Then walk over to Giba which is past Darling Harbour on the other side of the city (west).

There are a few caches you can do along the way between these two caches. Do a check of nearby caches and read the logs, most of the caches tend to be micro or small in the city.

There is one cache near the airport which is easy as well called the Travel bug connector.

Hi, I tried to register at the Aussie forums in order to post this note, but couldn't navigate all the info for the registration (ICD MSN codes, or something?)..

sorry (I'm kind of a tech dunce, admittedly)

I'll be traveling next month, and offered the geocachers I'm meeting there, to pick up and transport their Travel Bugs -- I'll be traveling to Sydney in June.

But I'm very new to this game, and don't really know all the rules and tools, so I'm hoping to "take the EZ way" (is it "cheating"?), and coordinate my visit to Sydney with a geocacher who is in that area, and who could help me hand-off or stash the TBs around there.

any ideas?

Hi, I tried to register at the Aussie forums in order to post this note, but couldn't navigate all the info for the registration (ICD MSN codes, or something?)..

I'll be traveling next month, and offered the geocachers I'm meeting there, to pick up and transport their Travel Bugs -- I'll be traveling to Sydney in June.

But I'm very new to this game, and don't really know all the rules and tools, so I'm hoping to "take the EZ way" (is it "cheating"?), and coordinate my visit to Sydney with a geocacher who is in that area, and who could help me hand-off or stash the TBs around there.

any ideas?

If you post in the international section there is no need to register. If you wish to register to view or post in the other sections all you need to fill in is user name, password and email address. The ones you used for this site will work if you enter them. Don't worry about MSN, ICQ etc. The forum is a modified php bb, similiar to that used to host millions of forums around the world.

There are a number of cachers in the Sydney area who should be able to assist with the TBs.

any ideas?

If you post in the international section there is no need to register. If you wish to register to view or post in the other sections all you need to fill in is user name, password and email address. The ones you used for this site will work if you enter them. Don't worry about MSN, ICQ etc. The forum is a modified php bb, similiar to that used to host millions of forums around the world.

There are a number of cachers in the Sydney area who should be able to assist with the TBs.

per your advice, I did try again using my username and password that I use in the Groundspeak forums. But I received the error message that these usernames/passwords were incorrect or inactive.

????

sorry (duh!)

:huh:

We will be in Sidney this June for about 4 days. I'm not sure how much free time I will have, so could anyone suggest a few easy to find caches that I can get while I am there? Thanks.

Just do a search by zip code for "2000" which brings up the centre of Sydney's CBD. The site will list the nearest caches.

Or, enter the postcode/zip code of the suburb you are staying in. Use www.auspost.com.au to look up codes for suburbs.